Feeling low

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey, 

I don't know if this is the 'right' place to post but I need some help.

Ive been on sertraline 100mg for 3-4 months. I would say previously I hit a better place in my life, however recently I've hit a big dip and quite emotional again, anxious, moods slipping into depressed. Things just don't seem to be going as well anymore and I don't know why. I'm still trying to do things I used to do but it doesn't seem as easy and free anymore. I don't know if this makes sense or anyone can relate but even a couple close friends I had that knew about my depression and medication have drifted off and seem to be very consumed in their own life so I don't want to bother them.

Sorry for rambling, would be lovely if I felt I could speak to someone who relates! sad 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jade,sorry you are feeling this way I personally think you should seek advice from your doctor,in case you need a different antidepressant.I actually stopped my Zoloft a few weeks ago due to abdominal pain,at first I was ok but the last few days I'm having emotional breakdowns and getting a bit grumpy, I will be speaking to mt doctor next week for advice.

Please don't just wait hoping it will pass get in touch with a professional sooner rather than later,take care.

• Posted

Hi jade, I know exactly how you feel as I am experiencing much the same right now. I came off 100mg last November and took a big tumble around the start of June this year. I have been back on them since that so nearing the 3 month mark and feel nothing like I used to when previously taking this medication. I am gonna go back to my GP soon if things don't inprove. I usually do lots of excerise but don't seem to have any energy, I am anxious, not sleeping well and having crazy thoughts form time to time. Remember you are not alone 😊 . I hope things improve for you 

• Posted

Hi jade,

I feel like im in a similar place to you. I've been on 50mg for close to 3months, while the first 2 weeks were tough, I was feeling better, felt like myself. In the past week I've noticed that I am feeling low again, emotional, no energy or motivation! Not sure what to do 

• Posted

Hi Jade,mix think it's fair to say recovery is not a linear process, it comes with highs and lows but you have to look at the I really trend and ask is it up or is it down. It's too easy when in a bit of a low to think your going backwards and to square one but often it's just a perception.

If however you feel like the trend is town go back and see your GP, you may need an increase in dose or a fife rent med.

Neil 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.