Feeling low

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone 

I've posted before on this, finally I had my mental health phone call assessment today. I am on anti depressants and I feel so low any one free to talk to? 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Megan,

bless you x it's not easy is it,

Its good you've had your chat with the metal health team. It's hard to chat to them over the phone isn't it, I had it a few weeks back.

It's natural for you to feel low, you've been prescribed antidepressants have they been  prescribed today? Or have yo been on hem a while. If it's only today you need to keep going with them and your mood may improve in time.

i hope you do pick up it's horrible but people are here and can relate you know 

vicky 

• Posted

Hi Vicky 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Started the anti depressants about 2 weeks ago still no difference tbh. I broke my with my boyfriend and my family are against me as well. 

Megan x

• Posted

You sound like you've a lot on!!

what antidepressants are you on can I ask... they can take up to a month. Stick with them, you will see an improvement hopefully.

life throws us different worries stresses ect but if you can sort it out little by little and don't overwhelm yourself or try not to.

sad to hear of your split there's nothing really I can say to help you there, please look after yourself you can pm me if you like

vicky xx

• Posted

Hi Megan, just want to see if your ok? I'm here to chat if you need to talk to anyone.  I too am on antidepressants. It's hard at first but let me tell you things will get better. This time last year I was just out of hospital having been in there for 13 weeks. It was the scariest time of my life.  But I want to say with the support of family I got through it. Hope you have good family to get you through the bad time your going through. What I would say is don't be afraid to be on antidepressants as they do wonders for people and I'm a example of that. I'm back working now and can live my life to the full. If you want to talk pm me x

• Posted

Hi Megan

I hope that you are feeling ok today.  Things are hard when you feel down and the main thing is to keep talking and taking your medication.  You will have had a CPN and Support Worker allocated so please use them when you are feeling low too. 

I am sorry to hear about your boyfriend and parents.  I am sure they are not against you but sometimes people do not know how to handle mental health issues and they may come across as uncaring when really they just don't understand.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.