feeling low after wedding?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm new to this site. I was just wondered if anyone had any advice for me. I got married in august and it was lovely then went on our first family holiday.since being back im now feeling low quite a bit especially the last 2 weeks, I feel everything has got on top of me also my cat had been hit by a car and in result had his leg amputated. He is doing well now.i don't want to go to the doctors as feel they would up my citalopram and I don't want that I'm on 20 mg and been like that for the last 8 years as suffer with anxiety disorder. Just wanted to know if anyone had any advice on being able to snap out of such low feelings plus it's making me worry about my health. Thank u in advance.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Go and see your GP and increase your 20mg to 30 or 40 mg, that is what l did and l am fine from then, been on 40 mg for a year and the difference is great, good luck.
  • Posted

I really don't want to lol. I have had a good cry tonight over my mums. She said she things it's cuz I've had do much going on then the issue with my cat has topped it off. It sounds daft but I love my pets as much as my family and I haven't had time to sit and be upset with the whole ordeal if you know what I mean 
    • Posted

Hi Scarlett I would say sometimes we're so used to cit making everything better we assume we shouldn't ever feel normal stresses and strains. It's terrible about your cat and natural to feel sad and worries, an you're probably coming down from a very special day (the wedding) - I think this sounds normal to me and not necessarily anxiety or depression. However stay In touch with your gp ad see how you feel x
  • Posted

Scarlet I think after 8 years you have come to the point where you can't give it up. Actually its not that high an amount so don't worry. But don't increase it as it might well work for Richardt and others, but that doesn't mean you cannot come to terms without increasing the dosage. As for the cat I had three dogs and when one died after the other it was hard to bear. I feel for that little cat though and know you care dearly for it.  People without animals in their lives cannot understand the great love and attachment that develops. I much prefer this last little dog I have left and she has priority in all I do and this suits me well as it does me good to know I care for somebody other than myself. You tell yourself you are going to be fine FOR the cat. Your mum will be a great comfort right now and she will be doing her bit of worrying about you and you don't want her doing too much of that do you. So buck up. When you feel low, go out for a walk and take deep breaths. Tell yourself you are just fine as you are without more chemicals. Life is really great when you have two arms and two legs and are not bound to a wheelchair! You can cuddle your cat. You can take a brisk walk and do so much with your limbs in tact.  Don't be sad. You really have little to be so sad about, thinking about those worse off. Kittie will manage quite well on the three remaining legs.  So for a start you are better off than s/he is. Look around you and see nice things. Don't see darkness. It will help your mum enormously if you smile at her when you next arrive and if you suddenly burst into laughter, you will be making her day. Isn't that something you would love?  Take good care now.  x
    • Posted

Hed was right you are quite dominering , i dont mean to sound rude when i say that. But telling us who take to to come off , you said exactly the same thing on my post. Do you not think we would love to be able to just go for a walk and do other things so we wouldnt have to take the drug. Everything your saying is very lovely, but some people arent as strong as other people and i do think you should try and understand that. It took me a long time to try this out , i did all the things you suggested on my post which is the same as this post. Even when i got my medication , it took me a whole day to decide to take it. But thats from reading up all about it , doing my research ect and seeing all the good posititves about it. Depression is an illness , like any other illnesses you have to take drugs for it and if you have to be on it for the rest of your life then thats ok its not a bad thing. If you have arthiritus or diabetes your on medication or bipolar and so on for the rest of your lifes. What im trying to say is , when i read your comment telling me too come off it , it wasnt wat i needed to hear and probably the same on this comment. I know you mean well , but i do think maybe you should think a little more carefully about how you come across it. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.