Feeling most with my teen autistic son

Posted , 4 users are following.

Help......sometimes I wish I could just put my 17 year high functioning autistic son in secure housing as he doesn't do anything, sleeps sends me out for takeaways, doesn't talk and breaks things if he doesn't get what he wants anyone for the same problems?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Feeling lost I meant 😕
  • Posted

I'm going through a similar situation. My 23 year old son has Aspergers, he was going to college with his twin brother, his plan was to get his Associates Degree and move on to a local hospital to study Cray technology. Unfortunately, just as he was getting ready to transfer to the program they stopped it. We found a college in the city about 10 minutes away that offered the program. He applied, passed the written test but bombed on the interview. Which I foresee being an ongoing problem due to his poor social skills. It has been over a year and he has done nothing but play video games and go on the computer. Rarely ever leaves the house and is totally loss about what to do for a living. He doesn't have a whole lot of interests other than drawing. He is a wonderful artist. He plans on taking a few more classes to get his Associates Degree but has no idea what to do after that. Everything I suggest he has no interest in doing, I just don't know how to help him at this point. He is such a sweet, caring person but he doesn't open up enough for anyone to know that. I'm so worried about his future. I can relate to how you feel! His anxiety prevents him from doing so many things!
    • Posted

Hi, my son only got diagnosed at 15 and it feels like his been abandoned!!! He stopped Go in to school at yr 10 so has no qualifications im at my wits end 😢 thankyou for replying, it's good to know we are not the only struggling family as I feel very much alone x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.