feeling Much better

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have been on sertraline for just over 12 weeks now. Started on 50mg, doctor upped dose to 100 after only 2 weeks felt terrible. Could function, didn’t sleep at all for

A week. Zoplicone didn’t work either.  The only thing that helped me to get back into pattern of sleeping was to take 3 x diazepam 2mg before bed for a few nights that reduce to

2. 1 and now I’m sleeping well. It really worked for me, the not sleeping was the worst for me as felt like I couldn’t carry on much longer with no sleep.  I felt sick constantly, stomach churning, couldn’t eat, sweats.  After 7 weeks still not

Feeling great so doctor advised to

Up to 100mg, I was very worried after last time, but was ok no side effects prob because the 50mg has been in my system. Now feeling a lot better,  have started exercising more, going to spin and running very short distance. I am

Also volunteering at local hospital as a ward buddy. Anything you can do to take your mind off of yourself when you are feeling up to it will help. I try to set small goals for

Each day. I do get more tired now but so nice not to wake up with that awful panic and dread, there is nothing worse than that feeling.  But keep pushing through and don’t give up. Also when I felt at my

Worst I would

Lie down and listen to a guided mediation, or I would read something like that secret which is about the law of atttaction and found that it helped to shift my

Mind set into more positiv thinking.  Always remember if you are feeling s**t at this moment that ‘this too shall pass’ , so push through the s**t times and embrace and give thanks 🙏 for the days when you feel at peace,safe and calm!! 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Thank you Clair, 

For poitive advice, I will start at 75mg today.

I’m unsure myself but I can’t  carry on feeling like I do.

I exercise most mornings. and pray for at least 1 hour which helps me when i’m Feeling like that.

Your right in saying things that you’ve stated, such as taking your mind of how your feeling by using calming methods.

I’m hoping to return to yoga when I feel a little bit better.

I will let you know how 75 mg is. 

My doctor did want me to take a 100 but I was to frightened by the side affects. 

anyway Clair thank you for replying. 

God bless you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.