Feeling nauseous for 4 days in a row, what should I do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 19 year old girl, and I've been feeling nauseous for about four days in a row now. I know I'm not pregnant. It started the day before my period did and, while I thought that could be the reason, I've never gotten sick from it before.

The Friday it started and the following Saturday, I only really felt it at work, but on Sunday it was come and go and I had a hot flash during my lunch, so I didn't really eat. I had an orchestra concert on Sunday, so I thought that maybe I could have just been subconsciously nervous, but it still persisted. Yesterday, I thought it wasn't all that bad until I went to class. I was really cold and shaking and the urge to throw up had been the most it's ever been. But after class, it started to calm down. Eating, drinking and sleeping helps for a little while, but it slowly comes back. It almost feels like there's a lump or bubble in my throat, but I can't burp it out. Trying to throw up doesn't really work either, and I haven't forced myself to yet either. I get nervous and anxious very easily, so I've been trying to calm down to see if it helps.

I'm thinking of going to the doctor if it persists, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what it could be or what I should do?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I suggest to see your doctor as soon as possible to get checked. 
    • Posted

Yeah, that's what I'll probably end up doing, but my schedule doesn't really free up until Thursday unfortunately. I'm feeling a little better today, so I hope it's starting to pass.

• Posted

Period symptoms can change; if it started before your period, this could be the cause.  Periods can make your feel sick or be sick.  It could also be a bug.  Try eating blandly; avoid spicy, rich and fatty foods amd eat little but often.  Try small sips of milk.

Wait a week to see if your symptoms go away; if they don’t see yiur doctor.

• Posted

I'm feeling way better today than yesterday, and my period is starting to slow down, so it's looking like that could be the cause. I was thinking about going to my doctor once my schedule frees up, but I'll probably try and take it slow today and watch my eating for a while. Thank you!

• Posted

It could be your period but what's strange is the bubble in your throat. That could indicate acid reflux. Maybe you have excess acid in your stomach. Do you eat on time everyday? Do you take painkillers, drink alcohol, smoke, eat spicy foods or drink caffeinated beverages often?? I suggest you see your doctor to be on the safe side. If you don't have a history of period illness, it could very well be something else. It's important to really know your body. 

• Posted

Definitely don't eat on time everyday and I do drink a lot of caffeinated drinks, so I'm hoping that's the case. I'll still probably try and go to my doctor when I can. Thank you!

• Posted

The next time you feel nauseous, take an antacid. If it helps, you'll know that the problem is acid related. 

• Posted

Hello! i've also been feeling this for a few days now. did you figure out what it was?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.