Feeling nauseous whilst eating breakfast

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

For the past few days I've been struck with a wave of nausea whilst eating breakfast. I have not yet been sick and it usually passes after a minute or two. This has happened a couple of times before and usually goes on for about a week, then nothing for a few months.

As far as I am aware I don't have any food allergies, but my usual breakfast is cereal with standard semi-skimmed cows milk, so I did wonder whether it maybe lactose related; but then it happened again this morning when I had toast.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Joe

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like you are reacting to something you are eating at breakfast. Try eliminating both bread and milk from your diet for a few weeks to see if it improves anything. If it does, avoid these food types. Cows milk can be a problem for some people.

• Posted

What are you eating at dinner. Are you eating late? Could be affecting you in the morning. You should try an alternative to cows milk. Like Almond milk. I have and I feel better not drinking animal milk.

• Posted

Hi CountryMike

Perhaps you are intolerant of dairy in general, milk on cereal and butter or whatever spread you use on toast they are both dairy. Try using lactose free milk and lactose free spread ans see if there is an improvement......

• Posted

Hi CountryMike

It may also be gluten intolerance. Gluten can be found in cereals and in bread...as well as lactose free, try gluten free cereal and bread aswell....

• Posted

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. Someone at work suggested Pepto Bismol (sp?) and it seems to have worked - though could be a coincidence! Giving oat "milk" a try as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.