feeling nausious for 5 weeks and losing alot of weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ive been feeling very nausious for 5 weeks now and lost 12lbs in weight in that duration, ive eaten very little and my anxiety has been quite extreme, doctors say I have dyspepsia and given me lansoprazol

Feeling really poorly :-(

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. SO SORRY you feel so bad, but at least you know what it is and it will get better. I am also feeling very poorly now but feel worse because of being stuck at home on my own with no visitors.  So it gets lonely and boring too.  I hope you have some company to make it better. This may sound crass but try to think of it like this.

Other people go to great lengths and spend a lot of money on losing weight and you have achieved it without trying, in the long run that part was a good thing.

• Posted

Im bad for trawling the internet to self diagnose and the symptoms I have strongly suggest stomach cancer, I am so worried right now, I feel so sick after eating, I vomit every morning when I get out of bed, and have bad indegestion everyday :-(
  • Posted

Hi Alan feel you have two options

Go back to doctor and insist on further investigation 

or Try relaxation tapes which may help your sickness and anxiety 

• Posted

Im not sure if anxiety can cause an over acidy stomach with nausia and weight loss, im at my witts end with it all, im trying not to over react

I went back to the doctors and they are sending me for an endoscopy

Im just wondering if its possible to lose this much weight in such short space of time and to have an acidy stomach that never goes away can anxiety cause all of this ?

Thankyou for your response

• Posted

You'd be amazed at how anxiety can affect all aspect of health - But if you're concern insist the doctor looks into it and fast !
    • Posted

Agree that anxiety cannot cause weight loss but maybe you went off your food and were eating less because of being anxious?  I do not think anxiety can cause acid stomach either, but if you are more relaxed you can make better decisions and be more able to cope emotionally.
  • Posted

I havent been eating very well for four week now im eating about a quarter of my usual daily intake due to lack of appetite and nausea may be stress anxiety related but have noticed extreme gas in my stomacb aswell
  • Posted

It did start after a barbecue but its been going on for 5 weeks now, no cramping or loose stool just weight loss, acid, nausia and vomiting
    • Posted

That is why I said it sounds like food poisoning  maybe or it is the flora in the gut due to the food or drink that evening, either way it is not serious even if horrible and long lasting.
  • Posted

Your doctor is fobbing you off. How do you feel now? Constant nausea is not necessarily serious, but it should not be dismissed as mere indigestion, you could for example, be suffering from a stomach ulcer or an inflamed stomach due to a stomach bacteria called h pylori.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.