Feeling nervous

Posted , 4 users are following.

just wondering if anyone is overweight and had their gallbladder removed?

anyone over 18 stone?

i have my pre op tomorrow and im scared they will turn me away 😦

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Heather I'm 21st and had my gallbladder removed just over 3 weeks ago. They were able to do keyhole surgery aswell rather than open surgery so I'm sure it won't be a problem.

• Posted

Hi Heather, no they will not turn you away! I too am 18 st ..my pre op is 26 th.. you will be fine honey xx I've had two pre ops in past 4 months..ops were postponed twice..U will sail through xx 🙃

• Posted

Best wishes for your pre op tomorrow girl! Let's keep our fingers crossed that you are treated quickly! ♥️

• Posted

Hi everyone!! I'm so glad that you have wonderful surgeons who don't discriminate against you for carrying a bit of weight. Myself on the other hand have came away from consultations feeling so deflated and hurt by comments made. I have struggled with gallbladder attacks for the past 4yrs. I have had scans, mrcp, gallbladder infections twice and admissions to A&E. I even had my pre op last September and still nothing. I have one large stone. Yes I did carry a bit of weight almost 18 stone. I lost 3 stone which still wasn't enough! It has caused me extreme anxiety and constantly beating myself up over weight every time I gain a pound or two! I have my husband and daughter demented running myself down x

• Posted

Good luck for tomorrow Heather, keep us posted! All will be fine 💕 We are strong!!

Apologies for hijacking your post earlier with my tales of woe. I'm just glad you are getting sorted from this misery xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.