Feeling numb

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone

am new to this but I just wanted to know if anyone else hands and feet get numb and swollen now I've discovered that my face also has a numb feeling

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dee,

yes, my hand feet and legs feel quite numb, which is why I stumble and fall frequently.  I have a constant pins and needles feel in my arms, legs and face.  (It seems to go from the jaw up to the ear)  Have you been diagnosed with Fibro?

• Posted

Hi sukes

yes I have finally after a good number of years

i don't get pins and needles I just get an intense pain from neck downwards.

• Posted

Hi Dee,

I don't get swollen but I get numbness in my lips and extremities also tingling every so often... I hope you feel some type of comfort reaching out to this forum it is nice to at least chat with people that have been through tough times and together we can at least get some support chatting about and maybe finding some useful resources ...

• Posted

Hi Dee, I get both but as I have been told by doctor and physiotherapist swelling is not a symtom of fibro so I'm seeking a second opinion. 

• Posted

hi ya

please do cause hands and fingers are swollen all the time

i drop stuff constantly half the time don't realise I've dropped what am holding eg money 

• Posted

hiya Dee , I drop things all the time too but its my thumb and forfinger that really really hurts massive pain if i put pressure on it like having to use it to grip ect. and im sick of doing stupid dozy things like getting the wrong messege as below feel like im going mad cause of no sleep every night sad 

• Posted

hello ???????? this is ODD I never started this conversation ????? ( feeling numb ? ) ????? it says I started this convo. ???? 21 hrs. ago ?? I didnt ??? 
    • Posted

Hi Denise,

I'm sorry on my part... for responding to this posting hope all is well

• Posted

hi Nev. your welcome not your fault. i had swelling in my feet and they changed my blood pressure tablets and they went down .maybe you also have arthritis
    • Posted

oh yes defo. sounds like fibro. with arthrits .i also have spondiliters .and aparently a lot of fibro. patients ahve all 3 fibro. arthritis and sponiliters .it tells me in the info ive got .and mines 24/7 
    • Posted

I know I have bone spurs through out my spine so it makes it worse.. now is not easy but streches and some exercises help ...me

• Posted

hey yea me too he showed me my mri scan on the tv thing moniter and he pointed out the bone spurs in my neck too Eeeek ( not good ) 
    • Posted

They hurt.. if they flare up .. I work sitting on a chair 8 hours or more it does not feel good ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.