Feeling of nausea

Posted , 7 users are following.

please can anyone explain to me what is the hot flashes and does it accompanied by nausea and dizziness .my period is not regular any more ,52 years old is the menopausel time .i m extremely scared I don t know if what I m going through is the menopause or have something else .my blood test is normal ,my Brain MRI is normal too but I have H pylori and dr gave me medications .i m very confused and very frightened .i ve panic attack since yrs but was controlled .everything is vague .

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

i have gastrits and acid relfux. i had vertigo and nausea. my GI told me last week that acid build up can go into your sinuses and effect the tubes in your ears causing dizzy spells. i also get nauseous. they put me on new meds and seems to be a little better. he also said peri wrecks with yout stomach due to hormomes. so idk what actually causes it but after a year i seem to be getting anwers. are you on acid relfux meds?

my hot flashes happen in early morning. you feel like your burning from the inside out in your chest. i would get nauseous and then chills and anxiety. i read putting a cold wash cloth on your back neck helps bring body temp down quicker and help. i do that and seems to help. good luck i hopr u feel better!

• Posted

Hi Kim 

i m on on a combination of medications to treat the H pylori bacteria 

one of them is acid reflux med .once I ve the nausea i feel very worried and anxious .

thanks for your valuable advice .

i wish you too get better very soon .

kind regards 

• Posted

We have been trying to work it out Randa as a lot of us seem to be experiencing

these same symptoms as you. You are definely going through the

menapause so don't worry about that.

What we all have to do now is work out how we deal with all these pesky

symptoms. I am confident we can all help each other on here, so keep

posting, at least we can whinge, have a laugh and maybe even come up

with some relief if not a remedy??

• Posted

Hi jokey 

l m trying to cop with these new symptoms  but I can t believe it's because of menopause ,I m afraid to have something more serious .i me really scared.

kind regards 

• Posted

Hi Randa, I had these symptoms too and they were all put down to the menopause as a result my cancer went untreated for 2 years.

So if in doubt make sure you get a thorough examination to rule out more seroius illness. Better safe than sorry but it is more likely to be the menopause. My doctor never gave me a full exam until it was too late.

A simple examination in my case would have shown a bulky uterus that needed investigation. So it doesn't need to be an MRI etc. a simple examination by the GP should be able to set your mind at ease.

• Posted

Randa I really don't think you should be worrying like this.

You have had the tests which are clear, I am not sure what it is

you are taking the meds for but at 52 you are the right age to

be experiencing these symptoms that are all signs of menopause.

The fact that you are feeling very scared ties in with the anxiety

that you are feeling and this, as you have maybe read on other

posts, is a big part of menapause. The anxiety may be giving you

irrational fears and thoughts. A lot of us have had it or are still

getting it and we know how it feels and it is extremely upsetting.

I think maybe, Randa you would benefit from talking to a counceller.

I am not sure where you live but in UK you can refer yourself to a

counceller via doctors surgery.

Why don't you give that a try I think you may find it beneficial.

Let us all know how you get on and try to stay calm if you can.

All my very best to you?

• Posted

Dear jokey

i m trying to calm down but the symptoms I have make me very sick and staying in bed .i wish it is menopausel symptom .

best regards 

• Posted

I think you should speak to your doctor again. You can't go on like this.

Do you have someone who could get in touch with the surgery for you?

Don't be afraid do it today, then you can feel better as soon as possible.

• Posted

Randa99573

I am also 52 Ihave IBS but my periods are 2 months nothing and then it starts again .I went for my yearly female check up yesterday. I have been getting very nausea and very gassy. I take nexium does nothing for me any more she told me Im going through pre menapause and its awful. If I could get rid of the nausea I would feel so much better she put me on zolfot 25 mg the lowest dose started it this morning so Im praying it helps and I also get so hot I cant stand it so your not alone. 

• Posted

Hi dear 

I wish this Medication will help you .about me I m scared ,the nausea and dizziness kept me of getting up the bed .do you think the symptoms is severe like what I ve .i m afraid and thinking of bad scanario.

kind regards 

• Posted

Dear randa

Yes I had nausea with the hot flushes and then the health anxiety kicks in and makes you think you have some terrible disease, in peri I went through a wierd stage of checking my body and thinking every lump and bump was something terrible, it is wierd how it plays on your mind in peri. I did have gastitis in peri due to the added reflux and I felt sick and lost my appetite and lost weight, that was it I thought it was the end. I am now trying to lose weight as I have now gained it, hang in there. This day will pass as they say x

• Posted

Dear pinkcatfairy 

I feel terrible and think of very bad scanario .

i m afraid and can t go out of the house .

for how long did you feel those symptoms.

thanks for answering 

kind regards

• Posted

Hi,

pinkcatfairy I sure hope your right.The nausea is the worst and being gassy and I get forgetful I hope all this gets better soon thinking positive thoughts.

• Posted

Dear randa

I too am 52, around 51 things started to change, the firat thing were my periods, gastric trouble in peri is one of the many symptoms we can experience. My gastitis went on for a few months. I felt sick and lost weight. It is a horrible time and I know how you must be feeling. I have been affected mentally too with panic and anxiety but I take a multivitamin for over 50's and that has helped settled my anxiety, please remember you are not alone in feeling this way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.