Feeling of period pain 😦

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello Ladies ,

i haven't had periods for many years now but today I have the strangest feeling like I remember when I new I was due on low pain in groin and back like period going too start , Has anyone on here after menopause still get feelings like this 😖

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hmm. How old are you? A few of us if not many, did and some got their periods. I have also had this when I get the flu.
    • Posted

Hi Lana, I'm 56 and had my coil removed about 5 months ago and hadn't had a period for 10 years but doctors said I probably have had the menopause by now 🤔 

• Posted

Im 55 and it has been a year, but then suddenly I got a period in Aug. ANyhow, if you arent fluey or such and your pelvic and back pain persists, go tell your Dr./Gynie, so that they can check it out. No reason to be in pain. Sort of sucks, I know.smile

• Posted

I haven't had periods in 16 yrs but every month I know when it is the middle of the month and when it would have been time for a period - I'm having a hysterectomy Oct 27th

• Posted

How exciting!  I am 57 and just starting menopause this last year. Up until then I was a monthly regular 🤣

am happy for you!  

• Posted

Sending you positive thoughts for a smooth recovery. I had a hysterectomy last November 17th and I am glad I had it!
    • Posted

Thanks  marnee, I had the coil fitted 10 years ago instead of a opp and had the coil removed about four months now , but doctors said I shouldn't have no periods now because of my age 56  . 

• Posted

Hi Anne,

Yes, I still get those phantum pains, but I am not fully menopausal.  I went 9 (?) months without a cycle, then I had the worst one ever, so I had to start over again. Three months so far.  

Do you still get GYN checkups?  If you have not been checked in a long while, maybe an appt is due?  Have you had any spotting?  I would definitely get a pap if that happend.  Unless you have had sugery and those parts are gone . . . ?

So many changes in life our grandmothers and mothers were too shy to talk about. I love that we can come here and talk about things, "improper".  😉

Be gentle on yourself.  I like warm baths, dryer heated bathrobes, heat pads, and walking during those times of hormonal upheaval. Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

HI, Dee 

,Had  coil removed a few months back after 10 years in and when that happened I had smear done and all was well , getting bloated a lot as well  so worring all these symptoms we get 😖

But you are so right about finding people on here to say what you can't talk too your husband about 😊

• Posted

Not had a period in 2 years, but I still get a few twinges one day a month - weird.
  • Posted

if you mean "groin" as in vaginal area then yes and defintley low lower back achs and cramps!

• Posted

Hi crosado, 

yes where you just said , it's so weird keep thinking I'm going too get a period but hope not because that would mean something s not right , 

• Posted

Well like I said I hadnt had a period in almost 2 years and started the pains in grions and lower back and bam out of the clear blue I had a FLOOD of a period. That was June 2016 now off and on I still get the grion pains and havent bleed since July other than blood from all the bisopies and test I had and thank the Good Lord all was okay. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.