Feeling of pulling on right side of my face

Posted , 5 users are following.

My stomach hurt off and on all day so I started to worry. My stomach stopped hurting and then I started to feel like a muscle pulling by my jaw on the right side. It doesn't hurt. It's like a muscle contraction. It's mild but obviously my health anxiety is taking over. Could this be yet another thing anxiety can cause? Has anyone experienced something similar?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

That could be stress and anxiety. I think so many of us get that. I had that today i did a magnessium flake foot soak and it deels better now. 
    • Posted

Magnesium flake foot soak? I am not sure I know what that is. smile

• Posted

It is exactly that. Tyoe it in search and hit shopping and it will show you where to get it. It is in vitamin stores too.it is easy, relaxing and does work.its a higher grade of magnessium then epsom, it is better.the soak is enough to relax you. Suppliments gets iffy in if you should or shouldn't ..and the soaks work just fine.

• Posted

Anxiety is so exhausting and causes symptom after symptom. This is just another. 
    • Posted

So true! It's one thing after another! I don't know how much more I can take to be honest.....

• Posted

It's unbelievable how much one will continue to take. When you've had enough you will get on medication and feel better. Been there done that. I'm great now,thank god

• Posted

I am glad you are doing well. I am on medication but when I have a trigger I break down for weeks. I am sure you can relate.
  • Posted

Yes, Aclaire. I had something like that for 2+ weeks but on my left side. I actually have come to believe that it's the result of tension caused by having panic attacks and high levels of stress. The physical tension in your neck and shoulders pinches some nerves that make your face muscles feel tight, or "heavy". It will go away...trust me. And my health anxiety is bad too, so please try not to think about it too much. Don't Google any symptoms. I know it's hard, but you'll feel better soon. I promise. 

• Posted

I really appreciate your response. You made me feel much better. Health anxiety is so hard to live with. I am always worrying about something. I just want to enjoy life again. How are you managing your anxiety? I hope you have some peace from time to time. I am completely consumed. I am sure you can relate. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.