Feeling of something in my eyes while wearing contact lenses.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I've been wearing contact lenses for 5 years now but I have developed this issue last year where I feel like something is stuck in my eyes after a couple of hours of wearing contacts.

It gets to the point where my contacts begin to move around inside my eyes and refuse to stay in one spot. After I take them out, I feel like something is stuck inside my eyes for maybe half an hour after I remove them. My eyes turn red and start watering. Half an hour after I remove them I'm complete fine.

If I move to new contacts my eyes are perfectly fine for about 3 days after which the issue starts all over again. I wear monthly contacts from Bosche & Lombe. This issue started last year and lasted for about a couple weeks after which I went 4-5 months without any issues and now the problem has crept up again.

It always feels like there is something under my upper eyelid because when I close my eyes and move my pupils around they always feel stingy in one spot which is right in the middle. If I move my upper eyelid over my lower eyelid and move my eyes around I feel no pain.

Any help would be highly appreciated! Sticking to just wearing glasses for the moment.

Thanks a lot!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you may have the start of Blepharitis. The tiny Meibomian glands in your eyelids provide the "greasy" content of your tears [I'm not talking about Crying,just everyday lubrication] and for some of us,they can become blocked and the blockage will form a small lump on your eyelid which rubs on the cornea. Along with Blepharitis comes dry eye syndrome which needs to be treated with artificial tears from the chemist [Hypromellose]. There are lots of discussions on here if you want to get some ideas.

• Posted

Have you been to see an ophthalmologist?

In rare incidences wearing contacts can cause scratches on the cornea, especially if the lenses are not cleaned properly, this can lead to a condition called keratitis.

It's probably nothing serious but You should get it checked out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.