Feeling of something stuck in my throat, what could this be?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Every time after i eat something, even just some chips, i have a feeling of something stuck in my throat. It is very uncomfortable and it doesn't go away by drinking water etc. After eating a meal, i get the feeling of fullness in my throat, when i tense myself as if i'm going to burp, regurgitated food sometimes comes up into my mouth again and sometimes the food coming back up burns my throat. The feeling of fullness doesn't go away until i make myself vomit and then i feel better, until i eat something else. When i wake up in the morning the feeling is usually gone, but it returns as soon as i eat breakfast. I examined my tongue and i have some spots on the back of my tongue, they are just the same colour as my tongue, not red or white and they don't hurt at all. Do you have any idea what this could be? Please i'd really appreciate some advice.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It could be acid reflux. Why don't you get yourself some stomach pills for acid reflux and see if they help. Zantac would be good. Or look around the stomach section and read labels till you see something for acid reflux. If it doesn't subside, you need to see a gastroenterologist. 

• Posted

The spots at the back of your tongue are your large taste buds so don’t worry.

Sounds like you’re suffering with indigestion. The unpleasant sensation of something in your throat is called globus, and yes it’s very irritating. Try maybe looking at your diet and how you are eating: are you eating too much too quickly? Too much fried fatty processed foods? Avoid drinking with meals. Try a daily probiotic or taking digestive enzymes with meals. Visit your doctor also just to get checked out. Making yourself vomit or forcing a burp isn’t really the answer! Try not to eat or drink past about 6.30 in the evening so your stomach is empty by bed time. Good luck. Indigestion is massively common but very unpleasant. Sometimes there’s no quick fix and what works for you might not work for another. You should also see your doctor to rule out other underlying causes for your symptoms like an ulcer or bad bacteria like h pylori. 

• Posted

Sounds like "globus" ck it out on these forums. Many, many suffer with that along with acid reflux..

• Posted

I had the same adjust diet stop eating at least 3 hours before bed ,sleep on your left helps stop stomache acid coming back up ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.