Feeling of something stuck in throat/on back of tongue.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys,

For the past couple of days I have had the feeling of something stuck in the back of my throat. It kind of feels like a hair is caught around the tonsil/back of tongue on the right side of my throat. The feeling goes away and comes back multiple times throughout the day.

I had this feeling about two months ago and got it checked out by a doctor. He couldn’t see anything unusual but he also said he couldn’t see down far enough to check the rest of my throat. He prescribed me medication for Acid Reflux which I took for around 2 weeks but they did nothing. Eventually, after about 3 weeks the feeling just went away. Now it’s back I’m worried it’s something more sinister (like cancer), my voice is also very hoarse. It’ll be coming up to 5 days tomorrow of this feeling.

Has anyone ever had this feeling? What did it end up being?? And how did you get rid of it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.