Feeling of swelling in the neck

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on my symptoms. For around the last 3 months Iv had this feeling of swelling/pressure in the RHS of my neck. It seems to be just informs of the big muscle on the side of ur neck but not as far round as the throat. When I feel the whole area it doesn’t feel any different to the other side of my neck though. Sometimes the discomfort moves to the back of my throat  aswell. Often, when I wake up in the morning the pain isn’t there at all and doesn’t come on till after lunchtime. Iv felt the area numerous times and can’t feel anything. 

Bit of background info, I suffer celiac disease and have been on a GF diet for 6 months. Iv also been suffering pain under my rib cage which my GI has put down to a mix of celiac and IBS. To be honest, it’s been a very stressful 6 months due to me getting so worked up about my pain. 

Could this be being caused by anxiety or could it be something else? Any help would be appreciated. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I hope someone can see this and help give you some insight. 
  • Posted

This sounds like silent reflux to me causing inflammation that is causing the neck pain from the inside out. Go get the 14 days over the counter Nexium treatment and look up the steps you can take to help your situation. I recommend inclining your bed. Sleeping on your left side,1 cup of coffee, no hot drinks stop eating after 5 pm. Also, of course, schedule an appointment with an ENT doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.