Feeling off lately. It started about 3 months ago with a major “panic attack”(?)

Posted , 5 users are following.

im a 26 year old female.. not diagnosed with any major medical conditions in the past. i had a major what i was told "panic attack" in september 2018. ive always been a nervous person so i didnt think it made sense that i had a panic attack because i would handle my everyday anxiety in different ways. to describe what happened to me that night, i woke up after an hour of sleep and jumped out of bed feeling like all the blood in my body rushed to my head. i felt my heart racing and i had an urgent feeling that i needed something out of my body. i was trembling and shaking, screamingvfor my family to call 911. i started to go diarreha and then started forcing myself to throw up. the ambulance arrived performed an EKG and they said nothing abnormal was showing. my BP was elevated but nothing that caused them concern. i had a party that weekend that i didnt want to miss so instead of going to the hospital i slept an hour and went to the party. the next night and the next 4 after that i kept waking up feeling like i couldnt breathe and i would jump in a cold shower to lower my heart rate which felt like it was at over 140 and pounding. i would tremble and scream feeling like i was going to die of a heart attack . each of those episodes lasted about 15-30 mins. i would wait for my heart rate to lower. these "panic attacks" occered about another 15 times the month of october and november in total. from nov 9th until now january 7th i have not experienced it to the point of where i needed to run in the shower and scream etc. BUT for the last few months i feel VERY off. dizzy and off balance. lightheaded. tired alot . i feel like my heart slowed down but it pounds at times, especially at night. sometimes though, it will randomly start beating fast and it freaks me out.. i have increased floaters in my vision. i feel like im falling backwards at times. i have shortness of breath sometiems. ive had multiple EKGs done came out all normal (sinus arrythmia for increased beat of 107-113 at times, not recenrly though as ive noticed my beat is slower now) , bp checked and its low at times but healthy , oxygen 97+, chest xray came back good, thyroid blood test came back good, thyroid sonogram good, hospital panel blood test good, heart sonogram good. those are all the tests ive had so far. i even went to the ENT and he said he thinks its vertigo but im still stuck thinking its my heart. im wondering if anyone deals with this constant off balance feeling and just overall tiredness and if it is panic disorder or is it my heart or head?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have the feeling that I am off balance, permanently feeling like I have a hangover in fact,l also the exhaustion, my days are 7 or 8 hours at the most before I have to go to bed, cannot eat until bed time as it totally exhaust me.

I also have peripheral neuraphty, and my skin feels numb all over, my feet and lower legs are constantly burning.

But I never had anxiety or a panic attack, these are some of the permanent symptoms I got from taken a beta blocker for a few weeks two years ago.

• Posted

i got the burning feeling one night last week and couldnt sleep. i havent been diagnosed with peripheral nephropathy but maybe i have that. do you have any medical issues?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.