Feeling on boat

Posted , 5 users are following.

every day im feeling like im on boat, swaying dizzines light. like you drunk . is tga could be anxiety symptom ? thanks you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

yes that could be a symptom of anxiety. It’s very common. Although I always recommend that people have a physical check up with their doctor when they get new symptoms.

If you have a history of anxiety, that could be why you’re feeling that way.

When you get that symptom, sit down or lay down and do some long slow deep breathing. In through your nose to a count of five and out through your mouth to a count of six or seven. Repeat this several times and slowly get up. Do this whenever you need to.

you can also find these deep breathing meditations on YouTube where somebody will guide you through it. It works great! Hope you feel better and take care.

• Edited

if your scans are good then it’s all related to anxiety. You just need to learn how to manage it. I would suggest speaking with a counselor who can help you with that

. I’ve had anxiety symptoms on and off for over 30 years. i’m a lot better now than I was but it’s just like any other condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. They have to be managed and so does anxiety. see if you can get some support.

• Edited

yes i literally get this most evenings especially when sitting still or laying down..i think it helps to try and distract yourself by watching a movie or something but try not to ignore it...acknowledge it, experience it...I guess this tricks your brain into realising you are not in danger and with time it will lessen and will bother you less I hope . its just the anxiety it will go away, once we pay too much attention to it it stays or intensifies

• Posted

yes i think as im concentration on that feeling its feeling more. but im always scared if i have a problems with circulation ????

• Posted

Hey! I am glad your scans were clear but try an ENT! I have to have an MRI tomorrow due to vertigo/off balance. I also go to the ENT in a week. It may not be just anxiety but could be BPPV. I had it about 4 years ago and it can linger on. Hope all is well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.