feeling out of it

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anyone feel out of it where your trying to watch tv but cant concentrate or remember what u did a while ago? it makes me stress so much and scares me my dr said its normal. i lost my mom 3 years ago sad

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, have you been diagnosed with depression? If so very normal symptom of depression. Have you been given any meds? And how long have you been on them?

It will all pass one day, try not to worry about it too much. You need to accept that you are unwell at the moment , and soon you will be better.

Hope that helped you a little, ?

All the best x

• Posted

yes she said its because im sad i cry everyday because i miss my mom i was feeling a little better today but it came back and caused a panic attack she prescribed me generic for zoloft and ativan sadly i cant get them till tmw dr forget to write the date on the perscription rolleyes i hope it passes soon i feel like im going crazy
    • Posted

Yes , oh boy I know the feeling, I was convinced ivwas going crazy, I even suggested to my Dr, that perhaps I should go to a mental hospital, ivwas suicidle, I lost a stone in weight! Its a living nightmare.

I must warn you though, when you start the meds, you may feel a little worse, just for about 10 days, then slowly , slowly you WILL, I promise get better.

I am 5 weeks into my meds, and am 85% better.

If you ever need to talk, please feel free to chat to me. This forum is a great support.

x

• Posted

thank you so much i hate feeling like this like at any min im gonna lose it feeling like im not all here idk its hard to explain
  • Posted

Very normal with anxiety and depression, but yes its awful,it can really makenu worry I know
    • Posted

yes very acary and hard to get my mind off it :\
    • Posted

That's just the nature of anxiety I'm afraid,once the anxiety is dealt with it does improve
    • Posted

thank u its lasted about 3 weeks already
    • Posted

Then your better placed to get some help,therapy etc to deal with it in the early stages
    • Posted

yeah my dris schedueling something up for the mean time she prescribed anxiety depression meds
  • Posted

I explain it as my mind never relaxing or shutting down. Some times I'm extremely tired but can't sleep because it's so much on mind. I'm exhausted just from the negative thought that run thru mind everyday
    • Posted

same exactly. mines gotten a lil more bearable but hard to watch tv or concentrate on things its worse when im alone
    • Posted

I've developed globus sensation. Apparently it can be caused by anixety. I made an appt with a therapist to see if it will help. I feel like my anxiety has gotten worse over the years. I've learned to cope with it by trying to think good thoughts.
    • Posted

I have had globus too,its a terrible feeling. I have a bad taste in my mouth and thirsty a lot, I'm told its anxiety too
    • Posted

i gag when i stress out to the point of a panic attack like it feels like my throat closing scary but tea really helps (:
    • Posted

I had an ultrasound of my throat on Friday to rule out something with my thyroids. I worry so much that it's more than it really is. My doctor said it maybe acid reflux.. of course I'm thinking cancer.
    • Posted

yeah anxiety makes you think the worst rolleyes
    • Posted

Ivwas the same always,worse when alone, I still don't like being alone, but I'm getting better at it. I promise you will get so much better, I know you think you will be like this for ever, but you won't. Its awful and scary when your trying to battle with your own mind, but in a way you have to think of the positives, like I know I am a much kinder person and I will never judge people I dont know, as you never know what they are also going through. I'm not sure if you belive in god, but praying and having faith really helps too.

X

• Posted

thank u yes it is scary especially when your mind races and you feel like your in a trance u cant wake up from. yesi love God and believe every day for a healing but being alone is hard its the worst
    • Posted

I'm glad you have faith, you will get there, just keep planning all the things you will do when you are better. I really want to help others who suffer, that's why I'm staying on tho forum.

You will get well soon. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.