Feeling out of touch with reality

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi does anyone here on Rampiril suffer from zombie like feelings taking this med . Feeling like you can't think straight and feeling of anxiety all the time 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I never had that side effect ,check with your doctor do not put up with it also Google Rampril to see if there are more side effects shown than you see on the packet.It is a cheap BP pill
    • Posted

I , too never had that side effect an i have only been prescribed it recently , i always say if side effects you feel are not what is written on the leaflet that accompanies the medication then go back to GP an let them know as it may be a side effect that takes a little longer for some to shrug off .
  • Posted

I had really bad lightheaded feeling and dizzy . Was on 5mg per day blood pressure was really low at 100/70 so phoned dr and was told to stop ramipril . Feeling a lot better more energy and alert
  • Posted

Hi sue

Im on 10 mg ramipril aswell as amlodipine. I get feelings of unreality and struggle to think straight but I also suffer with anxiety.

Anxiety itself can cause those feelings but if its new symptoms since starting the ramipril youre probably better to imform your dr see what they suggest x

• Posted

Hi

my husband has been on this medication for 6 months ,he is also now on 2other BP meds.

he has never been on meds in his life before and is a fit cyclist.

ive noticed the past few months he is like a zombie...and getting worse,,he manages work.

he has never had any anxiety at all beforeand keep saying he's fine but he's not...

what was your outcome.

i feel I should speak to his GP

• Posted

I have recently started taking 5mg ramipril and I feel very tired.
  • Posted

Hi Sue,

Did you ever get over this problem? I have had my dose of Ramipril increased to 2 pills a day 3 days ago and Ive felt like a zombie ever since, wtf??? (only boon on bp meds for a month)/ I cant even remember things I did yesterday, I have no feelings, I find it difficult to smile, My brain struggles to function and Ive even typing this post with so many spelling mistakes jeeeesss!! Whats going on?

• Posted

do not put up with side effects go back to your doctor and maybe get a change of pill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.