Feeling overwhelmed!!!Recently diagnosed with subclinical hyperthyroid

Posted , 3 users are following.

How soon after taking carbimazole does palpitations stop? I was diagnose with subclinical hyperthyroid 3 wks ago and started on 20mg. Most of my other symptoms have eased up but im still getting palpitations. Levels wereTSH 0.58, T4 11.6, T3 1.90. I have an appointment with my endo mthend and I suppose he will do another test and maybe ultrasound, idk. Also how long usually you start gaining back weight. I was already a very small person always weighing around 105lbs. So i literally cannot afford to lost anymore. Looking forward for some feedback

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Many patients need to take beta blockers like Propranolol to address the palpitations.  I would ask your doc about this.
    • Posted

Thanks for your response. I asked my dr and he brushed me off about it, saying i should try some light exercises and it will regulate.(His reference to athletes having low HR). My resting is usually in the 90's and when i move around the highest it elevates to is 120. So i guess thats why he isnt prescribing anything for it. But it is a bother to me

• Posted

Hi Msky,

Did you have the high pulse before diagnosed with subclinical hyper? Also, did you do routine/regular exercise before diagnosed? Your doctor may be right about trying "light" exercise. (it has to be light workout though, e.g., walking, Tai-Chi, etc)

As for gaining weight, I suggest taking L-Carnitine as it helps not only hyper condition but cardio and muscle and ... Taking it gave me a surprise: weight gain! Probably because I am not in total training now (banned from heavy exercise due to GD)? But my muscle volume and strength do improve significantly. GL

• Posted

Hey, thank you for reaching out. No my pulse usually bounced around 70 prior. Its the racing pulse that got me alarmed that something isnt right, afterwhich the other hyper symptoms just almost immediately followed. Also, i was pretty active prior, not exercises per se but im a working mom of a 3yr old, along with a very active social life. So i was always on the go. Which now is a real bummer because im scared to do much to send my HR higher fearing atrial fibrillation or worst, which is common with hyper. I will def try the L-carnitine. My endo appointment was pushed to the 1st wk in Oct now, this is so new and somewhat scary to me, so all the advise to get me through are much appreciated. Thanks you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.