Feeling really anxious today

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im on day 8 of fluoxetine and although its not terrible side affects i do feel tired, nauseous, anxious and strong heartbeat where i can see my left breast moving because its that strong. Can this happen with anxiety or does that mean my heart is beating to fast? Ive always been told my heart is fine but sometimes its been fast when im anxious. I nearly had a panic attack in the shower because my heart started to race and i could see it pounding away when i looked down at my chest. I just feel weak,dizzy and scared. I slept great last night because the tabs make me so tired but i also had been crying that evening feeling scared and helpless. Will this all get better if i stay on fluoxetine or is it making me worse? I dont know anymore im just so sad and confused as to why i feel like this all the time.x

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's early days yet Moo, once the meds kick in you will feel better 😊

Regarding your strong heart beat you might find the first post here by Matt very helpful

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/help-please-338107

Take care..

• Posted

Thank you blue i will take a look. Im a bit on the fence at the moment thinking i cant imagine the medication working for me although loads have had success with it i worry that it wont work for me.x
  • Posted

Hi baby,

This is all very typical of anxiety and also medicine side effects. The dizziness and nausea is absolutely a side effect of fluoxtine (Im on it I know) in the beginning the side effects were awful... Then as my body got used to it, the side effects started going away. As for the rapid heart beat, that's classic anxuety. Give the meds a chance, it gets worse before it gets better. Hang in there okay?? If you need a chat feel free to chat with me

• Posted

Hi how long did it take for your side affects to subside? Im on day 9 and feeling nauseous and dizzy but its when im standing and walking around its like my body cant take it i feel weak and i get relief from sitting down. Thank you it really helps to talk to people who understand.x
    • Posted

It took about 3 or 2 weeks ish. It took some time, I felt exactly how you described. It's pretty scary and miserable but I stuck it out and it was worth it. I think you should toosmile you might be surprised.
  • Posted

Hi moo I don't believe in meds at all they don't deal with the cause just the symptoms. Anxiety and panic attacks come from yourself feeding the worry. I changed my diet took regular exercise and occupied my mind with learning and a new hobby and by magic within a month no more problems. I know it's hard believe I was bad but you need to let yourself breath and let go hope that helps I really do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.