Feeling really bad...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Feeling really bad lately. I'm looking for work atm with help of the township and I just feel like I can't handle it although i'm not even started... Ive got generalised anxiety which develop over the years. I didn't study or worked for over 2 years so the threshold is super high.. Don't know how to calm myself.. Can someone give me advice how to feel better.. I'm afraid this will be another fail in my life..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sorry you feel this way. i completely understand as i have had anxiety since childhood.

one if the best ways to calm anxiety is by breathing correctly.

there are many great audios on you tube for breathing, anxiety, sleep, confidence, etc! CHECK THEM OUT!

If you feel panicky, one is called stop panic attacks now.

exercise helps calm the brain down.

counseling can help you learn to manage anxiety.

WHEN YOU WROTE ABOUT FAILURE, I thought about REALLY great podcasts and on you tube called Team Never Quit. these guys tell it like it is and are GREAT motivators!!

YOU CAN DO IT!

Breathing, exercise, audios, counseling. it takes time but be persistent. ❤

• Posted

Thanks you for your kind reply!:)

Did some breathing exercises when I was at the top of my anxiety disorder. I had daily heavy anxiety attacks and hyperventilations. That gone now, but there is a continuous anxiety which is very hard to get rid of for me. I'm quit afraid when I start doing breathing exercises again that my hyperventilation will develop again. Sometimes i'm just on the couch watching a movie or something and I just feel very weird and like i'm fading away and losing control or something. Can't really explain it how it exact feels, but it really makes me anxious and afraid of going outside and doing stuff. Thats the exact reason why I don't drink alcohol, because of this very annoying feeling. Feel like i'm the only one who has this. I experience some sort of feelings when I was getting bad from magic mushrooms before I had a anxiety disorder. Don't how to get rid of it or how to accept it and just go on no matther this feeling and don't get anxious of it. I will check out the team never quit. Sounds interesting!

btw, are you dutch? Your name is common here.

• Posted

im not dutch.

With anxiety, i dont get hyper about it or it worsens. i just try to relax my mind with proper breathing, meditations, exercise, and go on with my life. it cant hurt you.

the fading away feeling could be depersonalization from anxiety. its common and not harmful but can make you feel disconnected from the world or like things arent real. your brain tries to protect you from the world, so it blocks things out.

you are not alone , millions of people get this.

the key is anxiety management. have you visited a counselor?

• Posted

I don't really have much big panic attacks anymore too, but there is a continuously feeling that makes it very hard to be a happy person and go one with life and let me give a feeling that i'm a free person. It's like i'm trapped in my own mind/life.

Never thought it could be depersonalization. I've thought it could be derealisation though, but I think those 2 really belong together. I think you are really right with that my brain protects me from the world tru blocking things out, but it's a feeling that makes me really uncomfortable. I hope I could find away to get rid of it. + there is always a thought that I would do something really stupid when I'm right in such moment. I can't really accept and live with it at the moment.

I see a counselor once a week. It helps me to cure the past and do more stuff, but it doesn't help me how I feel now. I take medicine as well; fluoxetine 10mg, but I don't really think it is helping me at the moment. I can't stop right now with it due the fact I'm just in a stressful period and it could get worse and make it impossible to take the next step for now. I want to stop with it soon, but not just yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.