feeling really depressed and stressed out.

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi,I posted in this forum before but not able to find it to have replied at the time.basically I'm just so low at the moment.i have been having headaches and some lightheadedness for about 6 weeks now.i went to doctor about this at the time and I had b12 deficiency and low blood pressure.i finished b12 injections but symptoms have not gone away.i have suffered from tinnitus for a decade and lately I think I have a form of pulsatile tinnitus where I can hear my heartbeat in my ear sometimes.even the tiniest of sounds make my head feel like its giving an electrical shock or zap whereas I could listen to loud TV and it wouldn't cause these shocks atall.i had an MRI a few days ago which I was waiting on 2 years ago and coincidentally came up around the time my current symptoms are happening.i am a smoker also.sometimes headaches are in temple area each side and also back of my head and feels like little twinges of pain in different parts of head sometimes.i just wanted to post here to see anybody elses experiences if they happened to you or I just wanted some general opinions.i would be very grateful if anybody might reply back to me with any info or thoughts.thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was about to put Have you tried seeing your doctor but I see you already have done What about seeing if its possible to treat it at the hospital -I've never ever gone through all that

Maybe try stopping smoking to see if there is any allieviation

• Posted

thanks for reply.im getting MRI results Friday.the doctor already has results but is fully booked until then.if it was really serious do you think they would want to see me straightaway? tinnitus has ruined my life for years and wondering now as I get older that it might be causing these symptoms lately.waking up to basically go through headaches and lightheadedness and twinges in my head are really tough to get through.i just wish I was better.

• Posted

Im on the last of my week long antibiotics now (specialy made for chest infections. in conjunction with my beconase .On the 10 october Ive got to repeat the xray then wait the results -if its clear then great if not ive got to have respiratory tests .God I hope it dpesnt come to that or say Ive got cancer in my lungs

Im disappointed that none of my dotors can tell me what is causing the pains in my chest -I wouldve thought that would be a basic complaint froma lot of patients & give an answer & treat accordingly not just say I dont know

I want to get back to riding but get tired very easily & a scared that by doing so might make me worse -if it made me very ill I think I would be blaming my doctor for being unable to give a reason for pains in my chest -its a basic complaint that they should be able to diagnose a reason for it -god knows how many people come in with that complaint

it just isnt good enough to say i dont know

• Posted

sorry to hear about your health problems too.and the waiting game regards tests/scans e.t.c is mental torture never mind the lead up to the actual test to be done.and you are right about doctors opinions on certain aspects of what they think they know.saying " I dont know " is not good enough and all patients deserve a right to be thoroughly examined to find root cause of symptoms and then to be treated accordingly.

• Posted

On the other hand I would prefer for a doctor to say they don't know than to misdiagnose the problem.

• Posted

I fully agree with that. misdiagnosing would be awful.i guess we all just would like reassurance on certain situations or at least further tests or different paths to take if it's a dont know scenario.

• Posted

Hi

Ive been given penicillin (the strongest antibiotic that is allowed to give out according to my doctor its called Co- Amoxiclav 500/125mg (1 tablet 3 times a day) (ive got 21 tablets)

So Im hoping & trying to be positive that it gets rid of it so that I dont have to have respiration tests

I had to ask as I was a bit worried it might be cancer or fluid on the lung - My doctor could only say it wouldnt turn into cancer (apparently cancer shows up as spots on an xray?)

Im just a little worried that the radiographer might say its a cancerous infection & am hoping that whilst Im taking the tablets when I have my re xray that it either says its clear or nothing that should be worryong about it

If they do say theres still a shadow Im going to insist I get a more indepth diagnosis

I wonder why the system they use doesnt allow them to view the pictures of the xray-when I went to my physio about my broken pelvis he was able to show me a picture of the xray so I could see the crack-dont all NHS have the same inhouse system

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.