Feeling really distracted

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was attacked about a year ago and now and again I feel like i forgotten to do something and feel on edge. This seems to last quite a while.  I'm not sure what starts this off but how cal I control it if I dont know the trigger? thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

So sorry for your experience.  You have PTSD. Is there some counseling available nearby. 
  • Posted

I feel like that all day & night now. I'm all jumpy & I also, have racing speech. It's pretty bad. I don't know what to do about it. I've tried to be calm.
    • Posted

i feel the same way i lost my mom three years ago i feel like my mind is faling at times rolleyes its worse when u stress huh?
    • Posted

Yes.. I've lost a lot of sleep, because of my anxiety. I'll have trouble catching a breath, especially when I lie down in bed & try to sleep. My chest will hurt, too. Plus, my head feels like there's pressure. I lost my dad in 2006 & my papa in 2009. 
    • Posted

Yes, it does seem to get worse when I'm stressed. Went to see the doc yesterday and hes refered me to a councillor, so hopefully that will help.
    • Posted

You can find guided meditations on youtube, or google it.  I like the free ones.  Trust me they work.  You just have to listen, and refocus on what the voice is telling you to do.  I had thoughts all over the place, and eventually refocus and was able to get some peace. Good luck
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatly I only have access to the net in work. I use computers all day and thats why I dont have one at home. Could they be hired from a library? X
    • Posted

Yes, I have found some at libraries.  I would recommend if you want one on hand, if you have a smart phone put one on there?  The thing about getting one from the library you eventually have to turn it back in.  May be find a way to record it, so you have something on hand when anxiety is trying to rule your life again.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.