Feeling really down ☹️

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm sorry to put this on you as we are all suffering with this dreadful disease but I was so happy that after years of waiting and suffering for a diagnosis and a very short time of feeling better with the meds that finally felt right I have been taken off MTX because of liver damage and the Actemra injections (that boosted me up while on MTX too) are not enough to stem the flow of pain. My Rheumy has suggested I take Pred for a few days but it's not helping too much and I hate it. I'm even taking turmeric to try and help. I feel so miserable and it's not like me, I'm usually a pretty upbeat positive person but this pain in so many joints is mercilous. I've even resorted to taking Tapantadol to help with the pain.

sorry, I know you can't help but I know you will all understand and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

My wife has had RA since she was 7. She currently has remicade infusions and takes methotrexate. Both of which has been a big help. Sorry to hear and hope you find some relief with treatment.
  • Posted

Hi Mary, so sorry to hear you are a rough time. It seems that you just feel that you find drugs that help with the pain and then you have a set back. I really hope you will feel better soon and tomorrow will be a better day.
  • Posted

Hi Mary, I also had to come off Methotrexate for the same reason and had thought of it as the 'magic bullet'. I tried other things with varying results and side effects and now have Benepali injections once a week which are giving me good results but still have some pain so nothing is perfect but we just have to persevere. Good luck, hope you find a solution that works for you soon.

• Posted

Hi Mary, i am so sad for you, I too have been in that dark place where it seemed not worth fighting on.   It does and Will pass, try to rest distract yourself with whatever you can, outdoors if possible, nature seems to seep in to our souls without our knowledge and helps you to heal.  we are all with you and it will improve, there are lots of different drugs to help.....its jusg finding the right one for you.  I think the turmeric does help, but your diet is vital too, lots of veg and fish, no dairy. ....just look after yourself and dont give up, even though I know you feel like doing just that!
  • Posted

Hi Mary, so sorry you’re feeling lousy at the moment. I think most of us on this forum has been where you are at some time . I certainly have and it felt like the beginning of the end. I also had to stop methotrexate, but due to lung problems, and so I’m left with Bengali injections which help but certainly don’t control the pain completely. I therefore am also taking a reducing dose of prednisone which was initially prescribed for my psoriatic arthritis and lung problem but really struggling to get lower than 7 mg.  so I can see where you’re coming from.  I currently take additional  codydramol or just paracetamol if needed. Good luck. Hope things settle down soon.  Carol x
    • Posted

Bengali injections!  Well made me smile and maybe you too. (I did mean Benepali for the record)

​Carol x

• Posted

Thank you all, it makes it easier in some ways to realise we are not alone and that others know how this pain makes us feel. My Husband is very supportive but if I mention to friends or family that I have pain I get the reply,  oh! I get that too. I've even been told that most of my neighbours have RA when in reality they have OA. It's one of those diseases that no one really knows the extent that it affects someone unless it's someone that has been diagnosed and has been through the process of finding the drugs that helps the most.

i feel much better today, still in pain but I've taken my Pred and my mood has lifted a great deal. Thank God for you guys on here, it's so good to have your good advice. Mary

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.