feeling really down and have a huge knot in my stomach lately

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi well for the past 2 weeks ive been really down and i dont know if its just temporary or if i should see a doctor. my friends have been noticing it too but there is not much they can help me with. My mum is a ver bussy woman with alot going on. i dont think that hearing that her daughter is down constantly would help. i dont feel sick but i feel wrong. its wierd. i dont know if this s all just hormonal and just a rough couple weeks or if i should tell mu mum and maybe see someone.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marila,

I would say, make an appointment to speak to your GP.  If there is a GP who you generally see, try to get an appointment with him/her.  Sometimes it is easier talking about difficult things if you feel comfortable with the person.  It can't hurt to speak to your GP and you may find it helpful to get things off your chest.  You may find it beneficial to make a few notes about what has been happening recently, so that you don't forget - it will also help to keep you on track.  Maybe try and think if there has been anything that has happened in your life recently that could be a possible trigger?  Sometimes it just feels like it is everything and everyone is the cause of the problem.

Good luck x

• Posted

hi shaz,

well i told my mum earlier today and she will make an oppointment. as you might already know all these chamges plus  my family changes with divorce plus school is just alot. i find everything hard to talk about. The worst thing is that the thought of having to talk to a dr to see if i have any thing like depression or anxiaty just made me feel worse and for some reason ashamed. 

Thankyou X

• Posted

I agree with Shaz,

Make an app to see your GP and tell them how you have been feeling.

That is a good idea about making notes and taking them with you.

You will feel a bit better, just by doing something positive and seeking advice.

Best Wishes! X

• Posted

Thankyou very much but i dont exactly get what you mean by making notes

thank you again

• Posted

Write down how you have been feeling and when. Is there anything that you are really worried about or anything you are not looking forward to?

How do you feel when you wake up and when you go to bed? What physical sensations have you had - ie, have you been a bit shaky/dry mouth or had butterflies in your tummy?

Write down things like these and take your notes with you when you see your GP.

Good Luck and please keep us posted on how you get on. X

• Posted

thankyou for the help. tie has pased and i feel better. i do sometimes get panic attaks for school, family or friend problems going on but i dont have the knot in my tummy anymore. i followed what you said.
  • Posted

Your condition needs to be checked to see if anything is wrong, I do not know how old you are. At sixteen you can see your GP in your own rite. If you are still fifteen or below you need to make an appointment with your GP where both you and Mam can attend together

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.