Feeling really hopeless - 5 weeks on cit, day 18 on 20mg

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi ive been told not to do this as its not supposed to be helpful for recovery but feeling really hopeless this morning. 5 weeks tomorrow on cit second time. today is day 18 on 20. dont really feel like theres been any improvement and psych said there should have been soms by now. he wants me to keep going for another week and a half or so then evaluate, i dont think its working this time and i dont understsand why when it worked so well last time. feeling a bit desperate as i cant stay like this. supoosed to be going to work but sitting in car crying

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry your not doing so well. 5 weeks is still very early days try not to put to much pressure on yourself and expect to much so soon. It can take 8 to 12 weeks to start working . Hang in their and see how it goes. Paul

• Posted

Hey, I am feeling the same. Just coming to terms with how I am. I have been on it for roughly same length and dose as you. When I saw dr other day she said she thinks I need a higher dose... what dose were you on before? Is it something you have discussed. It does seem like it takes a while to kick in. Keep hanging in there. Why don't you if you can take time off work do it is one less pressure for you to have to deal with.

• Posted

thanks all - ive thought about taking time off work but not sure being at home all day by myself is a good idea either as i just ruminate and think negative thoughts. i am due to the see my psych doc again in a week and a half and i know that unless there is significant improvement he will say to increase dose. i am scared about that as dont want to have to deal with side effects all over again. i was only on 20 last time. shivvers are you going to go up?

• Posted

Hey, have you got any hobbies? Ia there any groups near you that you can join? I have taken time off which I am hating as work was my base but I cant face it at the moment. But my dad is pushing me to get out and meet people but not sure what I want to do lol! A friend if mine after years of anxiety pushed her self in to different groups and it has helped her loads. Do you go to the gym? I am trying to go a couple of times a week... ok it takes me half an hour sat in car before going in but do feel a little Better after.

On the going up in dose I am. Not sure yet as I am like you I don't want the side effects to keep going but f it is going to help the maybe. I see dr in 2 weeks so will see how I feel then. Hope your ok

• Posted

Hi, Definitely think that its too early to conclude that Cit. isnt giving you any benefits. understand this takes 6-8 weeks to take effect. Good luck.

• Posted

thanks bit is it 6-8 weeks frpm the start or from 20mg? its already 5 weeks from fhe start and i almost feel like im getting worse not better. Getting quite depressed as the anxiety isnt going away.

• Posted

When i dont take anything to sleep i get woken up by anxiety attacks especially early morning. Anyone else get/had this?

• Posted

tamsin 5 weeks is early. you are still in start up side effects. when dr say 6 to 8 weeks recovery just change that to months. body takes time to adjust. try not to put a time on it. you will gradually start to feel better slowly. anxiety in morning is usually last thing to go away even though it also gradually gets better. hang in there and keep going!!!

• Posted

I'm debating wether to go to 20mg from 10mg. I'm on day 26 of 10 and feel on edge today..good luck hun

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.