Feeling really rejected and ignored

Posted , 3 users are following.

My boyfriend plays video games day in day out all night doesnt work he doesnt have to .I am home with him I am awaiting to have surgery soon.He doesnt want to fool around I offered during his gaming sessions like giving him a b******b,He doesnt do anything with me .He interacts with his friend on live headsets .He is 39 I am 40.He also does lines of meth on occassions but he just plays video games .I have never experienced this before in my life .He wont let me play the video games with him either I have tried .I have to live with him because I am having surgery soon and I dont have anyone else in my life I have stage 3 cancer.I go swimming and try to work out we live on the beach.I am not a needy person .Im not desperate .When I have told him I wanted to have sex he says no.It seems to be only on his terms .I have tried to talk to him about it but I just cant really take the chance of getting into over this I dont want to look desperate or needy to him.I want to be busy doing something to keep my self occupied but if that was the case what is the purpose of this relationship then.?? I need to know the right thing to say to him or else there is no point of bringing it up if its not going to make a difference .It has to be intelligent to make him even take it into consideration .I do not want to seem passive aggressive either.Thankyou

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa 

If I was a counsellor I I would probably do a lot of sessions with you with the aim of getting one result.

of course I am not one of the above but I would love you to make a little plan that goes something like this. Find a place to stay for a week or two and while he is playing with himself and his x box friends you say nothing and pack a bag with your things and walk quietly out the door so he doesn't know your gone. Stay with a friend or absolutely any one except him as you have just described the biggest waster/ loser in the world in a few words. Why would anyone in their right mind want to be with someone who doesn't care if your there or not. There's only one reason you would want to be with him and that is if you want to be abused by him and if that's the case then God help you so when your thinking straight please get the hell out of there ASAP.cheers.

• Posted

Hi Lisa I'm back again and Ive been reading your note over a few times and it seems to me you

are a very nice and genuine person who could be very easily abused and this is obviously the case when you say he's doing drugs as addicts only think of themselves. Also no matter what you say or how you say it he will always take it the wrong way. All you have to do is try it out. Speak softly gently 

anyway you want it will come to the same ending. You need looking after not him you must see that.

mind yourself cheers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.