Feeling really stressed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all< feel very down at the moment. its been over 8 months since we been trying for a baby but no look. we went to docters and they sent my wife in for a blood test and her bloods tests came clear. and now they called me in on friday to take blood from me and send me for a sperm test. not sure what will outcome be. why do they after take a sperm test. feel="" very="" down="" at="" the="" moment.="" its="" been="" over="" 8="" months="" since="" we="" been="" trying="" for="" a="" baby="" but="" no="" look.="" we="" went="" to="" docters="" and="" they="" sent="" my="" wife="" in="" for="" a="" blood="" test="" and="" her="" bloods="" tests="" came="" clear.="" and="" now="" they="" called="" me="" in="" on="" friday="" to="" take="" blood="" from="" me="" and="" send="" me="" for="" a="" sperm="" test.="" not="" sure="" what="" will="" outcome="" be.="" why="" do="" they="" after="" take="" a="" sperm="">

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Is there anyone out there that has had a sperm test and has problems simler to myn
  • Posted

They do a sperm test to ensure that you produce sufficient and that they are motile [i e that they can "swim" properly.  

I trust that you have been given proper advice as to when to have intercourse to maximise the chance of conception.  Your wife may be advised to monitor her temperature to identify ovulation.

If you are in UK you can get kits from the pharmacy too. 

Keep trying though and - more than anything - have fun together

• Posted

I wouldn't worry about the tests, they're just trying to cover all bases and make sure everything is working ok with both of you. The stress of trying doesn't really help, try to take the pressure off yourselves and I'll sure it'll happen
  • Posted

Im just woundring if i can get a erection and produce sperm whats the problem. But as you have told me if am producing enough of the sperm. I was just on the nhs website and there i was reading if the sperm is alive or not because some sperm can be dead. Im from the UK and living here in the UK. 
    • Posted

You may have a low sperm count but wait til you get the results from the dr. You could have perfectly fine swimmers but they just haven't got there. Keep talking to your GP and do what they say. I'm sure it'll happen, if not they will go through the procedure with you
  • Posted

There is a difference between "semen" [seminal fluid] which is what is ejaculated and is normally whitish in colour and "sperms".  The sperms are microscopic and cannot be seen with the naked eye although they are fascinating under a microscope.  There are millions of them in a single ejaculation. They are ejaculated in the semen and [hopefully] swim up the wonan's reproductive tract and meet an egg and fertilise it. The egg then needs to implant successfully in the lining of the womb.

Although there is no reason at all to think that you might be infertile the fact that you get an erection and ejaculate does not have any bearing on that.

You are going down the right track. I think that the NHS does not start any investigations until you have been trying for 6 + months.

• Posted

Hello simonthethird thank you im abit calm not paniking at all. My cuzzin she had a baby after 8 years and nothing was wrong with the husband and wife so lets see what happens.
    • Posted

So well done to your cousin!  As you say give things a bit of time.  As others say stress does not help with conception for some reason.

I'm sure that you understand the basic mechanics.  If you concentrate your love-making around the middle of the menstrual cycle then you increase the chance. They used to say to make love every two days rather than every day or more than once a day. That may work

• Posted

Hello all you lot. Just wondring if someone can tell me what is zero sperm count. is it when you dont ejaculate at all and you only have a erection and nothing comes out. its just i read soewhere that it sometimes could be canser. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.