Feeling relieved!

Posted , 6 users are following.

My first shingles pain was on November 9th! Three visits to the ER without a diagnosis. I finally suggested can this be Shingles and it was then confirmed. Two weeks had now passed,  so the window for antivirals were gone. I was put on it for 2 weeks and also prescribed gabapentin. Today December  29th I’m pain free and off the gabapentin!  Praying that the little monster won’t reappear! Going to therapy to better deal with stress and towards a healthier me! My wish for you all is good health and a stress free life! Best wishes for 2018!

Believe2128 💕

6 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Dear Believe!

I am glad the pain is gone!

Happy New Year's to you.

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Dear Merry!

Thank you for your well wishes and for all your support!

Happy New Year!

Believe2128

• Posted

Hi merry happy new year x Please could you advise - since shingles in October I have unwell with colds on and off - get rid of one then another comes in its place - over the last few days I have had a burning sensation at the top of my ear which feels like the sedation I experience with the shingles on my jaw line in October - I have felt unwell this week headache nausea and generally unwell - I went to my gp today explained this - also having the most horrendous night sweats - she looked in my ear said build up of wax suggested olive oil and a spray as she could see an area on my ear which looks red - please can you advise if I need to have a second opinion as I really am scared it's the dreaded coming back - thankyou 

• Posted

Alison, it could very well be. With shingles you often get that unwell feeling like that. I'd contact that doctor again ASAP and remind her you have a history of shingles (which can recur often, which many doctors don't know) and ask for the anti-virals. They're most effective when taken at the first 72 hours, right after the symptoms start. That may stop if in it's tracks if it's soon enough.

• Posted

Hello Merry. Sorry to interrupt this thread, but I need your help. Would you please respond to the new thread: Constant Pain in Jaw - Shingles? I hope you have time to do this. Husband in a lot of pain. Thank you!

• Posted

I’m happy for you. So many of came to this forum because of the problems we had with shingles so. it’s easy to forget tan for most people, they’re better in a few weeks. It’s terrific you were part of that majority and sweet of you to come back and wish us we’ll. Personally, I had it 14 months ago and am now dealing with PHN, but improving.
    • Posted

Dear babs99203,

I’m so glad to hear that you are improving!!! My intent was to bring hope to this forum and will continue to have you all in my prayers! Not for a second have I forgotten the monster shingle is and all those who continue suffering from it! 

Best wishes!

Believe2128

• Posted

Yay!  Such good news!  It’s been 6 weeks since the first lesions in my mouth appeared.  They’ve been gone for a while, but I’m still dealing with fatigue, a dry cough, and altered taste buds, but every day it gets better.  Hopefully I’ll be recovered soon, too.
    • Posted

Dear Andrea,

Thank you and so glad  you are beginning to  feel a little better every day! Hoping 2018 will be a good one!

Beat wishes!

Believe 2128

• Posted

Dear Believe,

So good to hear when things work out well. Thank you for posting this. I'm confused though. You said window for antivirals were gone, but then you were put on them for 2 weeks? What medication?

I posted a new thread for my husband:  Constant Pain Left Jaw - Shingles? His pain started after root canal on Nov 29. Wondering if Shingles or metastases. So difficult to see someone you love in pain! But, happy for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.