Feeling rubbish

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wanted some advice and someone to talk to. Am feeling. Rubbish at the moment. Have been a bit stressed. The result of this is a fibro flare up. Very achy, had headaches almost every day and struggle to focus in the distance also properly exhausted. Don't know what to do to make it better

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you. We all know how it feels to go through a flare. Not much fun and it's difficult to explain to those who don't have fibro what it feels like.

The best bit of advice I can give is to learn to say "no". Easier said than done but we have to pace ourselves and look after number 1.  Hard when we have families and work etc as everyone wants their little bit of us.  Have you tried cbt or hypnotherapy. Tried both and have to say the hypnotherapy helped the most.   I also use epsom salts or if someone has been really generous and bought me dead sea salt with rose or lavender use that and soak in the bath for 20 minutes then shower it off. Helps with the muscles and cramps.  Are you sensitive to light - I find using side lamps instead of overhead ones help prevent headaches.  I also have tried various supplements and they have been a great help. Can give you a list if you wish but have posted before on the ones recommended to me.  Have you tried removing gluten or refined sugar or both from your diet.  I did and felt so much better then I decided I would add some back in - big mistake felt awful again.  Trouble is fibro is different for all of us and it is trial and error to see what works. Hopefully someone else will be along soon with some advice.    Take care let us know how you are doing.

• Posted

I do tend to dim the lights and use the side lamps. It is difficult when your the type of person that doesn't say no. I do find if I try and go and nap even though I'm exhausted my brain will still be going round and round. A list of supplements would be good. I'm trying to eat organic but do like my sugar and caffeine. I used to drink two cans of energy drinks day but recently given it up
    • Posted

Well done for ditching the energy drinks. I drink caffeine (got to have some pleasures in life). I suffer from chronic insomnia but again just part of my fibro, others don't necessarily suffer in the same way.   Mindfulness theory could help relax your brain but I found hypnotherapy far more effective. Standard medications from my GP have given me terrible side effects so here are the supplements recommended by private consultant

tocotrienols,CoQ10, vit B12, L-Carnitine 1200mg. My vit D levels are non existent so vit D 20,000iu every other day. With Vit D very important to have levels checked before/during supplementation. Certainly can tell when I have forgotten to take them.   I cook everything from scratch - thank goodness for a slow cooker - freeze whatever is left for days when fatigue hits and the microwave is needed!  I have had fibro since 80s but only diagnosed just over a year.  Been a steep learning curve.

• Posted

Hi Arual

yes, Maggers is right about gluten, it's just trial and error really, I'm finding that rice doesn't do me much good either. It's really tough living with this condition. Like you say, I too get very tired but then can't sleep, and get a kind of overheated brain.

i think what we have to do is somehow accept our new way of life, that we are going to get ups and downs, days where we just can't do anything either because of exhaustion, pains, depression or anything else that comes our way, and enjoy the little things more the things we can actually do, "baby steps" my friend call it ☺️ Also it helps a lot if you can find something to look forward to, doesn't matter what it is, it could be anything. And pacing ourselves is a big, huge help if you can, but it's never easy and takes practice.

hope you feel better soon

hugs

• Posted

Hello fellow Fibromite,

Bad days are bummersville Arizona! I'm finding the meditation audits on you tube for pain and insomnia etc and particularly for Fibro comforting at the moment. 

have listened to loads when I switch the bedroom lights off. It makes me laugh when they say clench all your muscles and release them. If only I could mine are all permanently clenched! 

Youve probably tried it but just thought throwing my hat in the ring.

Pain may not go away but your ability to cope with it changes from moment to moment well it does for me. I hope you get on top of it again soon. We can't let it beat us. It ruins so much of our lives. I'm hanging on to my last bit of sanity with it.were all in it together. Plus it helps to rant on here. The people on here are so so so lovely.

xx

• Posted

Hiya arual, really feeling for you, gentle hugs coming your way from

over the seas, the more stressed we get, the worse the fibro is,

unfortunately its a but of a catch 22 sometimes. Lots of hotwater

bottles really help me in times of bad flare ups, hope you get sorted

really soon. be blessed aura, l hope you have a lovely day.😚😚😚

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.