Feeling scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

I fell on my right side  about 8 weeks ago, lots of pain & thought it would sort itself out, 12 hr work days & annual leave meant I just booked to see my GP today. At work I was phoned with a cancellation for a rheumatology referral I've been waiting for. He thinks either osteo or psoriatic arthritis but took a look at my shoulder & said it is frozen & offered to inject it there & then, I agreed because this whole sleep deprivation gig is driving me nuts. Although it's been really helpful looking this condition up, I am scared by the fact that in in phase one & it can take so long to recover, My question is that seeing my GP tonight I've been told to rest for 48hrs, the consultant didn't say anything & as I was in uniform he knows I'm an NHS worker. Has anyone else been given advice after a steroid injection & if so what. It's so painful right now that may need to be off tomorrow as can't see me sleeping at all tonight. Thanks for any responses.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You don't have a frozen shoulder unless you had one about to come on before he fall. I think the Doc was using the term most loosely. Frozen shoulders are genetic. They run in families and at times several members can suffer and at other times you may have never known anyone closely related to have suffered.

Your most likely diagnosis would be a traumatic arthritis of the glenohumeral joint and perhaps the smaller adjacent joints. See a PT who is a qualified manual therapist. I presume you have psoriasis.

• Posted

Hi James, I have Eczema & at one point a GP said Psoriasis on my neck. I had to see GP today as the pain & sleep deprivation are taking their toll, phoned in sick at work at 3am, after yet another night of only a couple of hours sleep. GP has given me Codeine to take regularly & said I can take Paracetamol &  Anti inflammatories if I can bear the stomach upset they give me. I'm not a pill sort of person so have only been taking Meds when desperate but think I will hit it head on for a couple of days with everything to see if it helps, GP signed me off sick for a week so I don't have that concern as Meds & work won't mix. GP today said Rotator Cuff injury, is that the same as Frozen shoulder do you know? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.