Feeling Scared

Posted , 11 users are following.

Feeling scarily depressed and detached from my world. I recently had eight amazing days in a row, where I thought that this hell was finally over, but no. Yesterday, I felt happy, energized, and optimistic. Today, I feel like I can't cope: hopeless, just hanging on and trying to get through my day. Why is this so damned hard?! The suffering is awful. I keep telling myself that I have been here hundreds of times, and I know what to do, but I am just drained from it all and want it to finally be over. Can anyone else relate?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi bev, I think we all feel this way from time to time. you have to tell yourself that it won't last forever and you will get through it. I think when we have several great days and then it all comes back with vengeance it is more difficult to deal with. are you taking ad meds? I know it sucks but hang in there because it will get better!

• Posted

Hello Dear Bev

yes i know what you mean !! I have been having a few good afternoons, or mornings and its nice. I never feel good all of the time, as you know. I fight the wild horse daily as you know also.

I would like to say that one particular thing works, but it never lasts so i hesitate to suggest things because im unsure. Ive done some experimenting and i see that when im completley off the hrt, and just without anything, i get reaallllly low, awful low.

So

i resort to the patch again, and i def feel better, but that too wears off and i take the patch off early sometimes, only to put it on again when symptoms get bad.

I am also recently using a combo of aminos that i think might be good. (theanine,gaba,and taurine) those are calming. Also dont underestimate

the adaptogens as they help us cope, they really do. (Rhodiola, Ashwagada) I take tinctures of this..why not?

What else is there to lose

But i want to finish this by saying that this will slowly pass. It wont get worse - cant anyways.. but it will very slowly get better. EVER so slowly you will improve.

I say that because i kinds sorta sorta kinda have. but still very struggling and still very dark often times.

Your kindred sister..reach out please whenever, because i will always answer.

I will do the same.

xoxo

• Posted

Thank-you Maui so much for your unwavering support. You truly have been a lifeline for me through all of this!

I like what you say about it not being able to get worse, and that's what I try to focus on. I tell myself that whatever I am experiencing is nothing new. I have dealt with it before, and I can and will deal with it now.

The only thing that has proven true every single time is that the positive mood and sunny outlook always returns, and that is who I am. Everything else is not me; rather, it is something that is happening to me.

I will persevere and get through this with help from incredible women like you!

We must meet one day, when all of this is finally over 😃

• Posted

hello. yes i go through this too

the slightest thing and my anxiety kicks in and i go down and down. i am having therapy and use mindfulness. cant use hrt

that other people who are around you dont get it makes it worse. us fellow sufferers do. we will all just try to keep going told it gets better.

• Edited

yes. i can definitely relate as well. i just keep telling myself its the fluctuating hormones and it will pass. and then all i can do is curl up in my corner of the couch with my blanket and fur baby and watch old tv shows.

it is amazing how we can be bopping around just fine for a few days and them wham you are at your lowest low. i hope you get to feeling better real soon.

• Edited

Thank-you, 2chr. Yes, it is amazing! On the days when I feel well, nothing can stop me. I am filled with energy and enthusiasm, and I am so productive. Life seems filled with possibility, and I am excited about my life and proud of who I am. Then, it turns, and I feel terrified. I am in survival mode just trying to get through my moments until I return once again.

• Posted

yes times a million! I honestly thought at times that I was losing my mind and even went to therapy. My GP said I needed an antidepressant but I refused. i needed my hormones balanced.

• Posted

Was just thinking the same few good days then back to square one again . Got bad night anxiety at min dizzy feeling in bed what's that all about . 3 years without periods so thought I was coming to the end but feel like it will never happen . 🙄

• Posted

I am almost 3 years without a period too, and keep expecting it to FINALLY BE OVER, but no, this crap sure can linger! Hang in there, all of us!!!

• Posted

morning ladies i feel for all of you i also have just been kicked hard in the backside from anxiety its so horrible,night sweats palpitations feeling of doom and gloom fuzzy head dizzy and constant feeling something bad is going to happen i know its hormones its just convincing yourself otherwise i try to chill by drawing and painting or just doing something arty which i enjoy but at the moment just havnt got the interest for long i lost my dog in nov she got poorly really quick and we had to have her put to sleep she was my best friend when my anxiety was raging but due to work we have decided not to get another one and i think thats what i missing i need a new fur baby my other half is amazing but i cant stroke him and hold his paw in the middle of the night when iam feeling awful hahaha but lets hope this all stops soon and we all get back to normal whatever normal is....... goodluck and big hugs to you all xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.