feeling shakey hot and bit spacey

Posted , 7 users are following.

anyone have the above ,  ive had a week of either headache, shakey, hot sweats or mood swings now got the above today i know its very hot but to add to this the flushes, is this normal, sorry to bother you all, thanks for support, am going to go to GP as i understand vit d could be low and other vitamins, ie magnesium.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debi,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. I get this too. For me it seems to come and go and I'm convinced it has to do with fluctuations in hormone levels. Having had a hysterectomy last November with ovaries left in, I still get these fluctuations but don't have my periods to kind of let me know where in my cycle I am. (They had been very irregular before hysterectomy).

I will have several days of headache, mostly behind eyes and down back of my head. I'll also feel what I call "slightly out of focus", shaky, spacey and just plain out of sorts. This goes away and then will come back days or weeks later.

I try to take a vitamin supplement and added B12. I also take magnesium supplement. This seems to help a bit with my hot flushes at night and helps a bit with the anxious feeling. Now that may be more of a psychological effect for me....but it does help.

It's a rollercoaster ride, this menopause journey...I hope you feel better soon??

• Posted

It's all hormone related I'm afraid

No harm in having checks to put your mind at rest

• Posted

Oh Debi

I'm 5 weeks post op TAH I've got it all full blown! I had a gyn app yesterday for my post op check up they did blood work it has come back and I can see results but can't tell nothing my self and doctor has not called me yet but have a friend that's a nurse I sent her info she said full-blown menopause has set in all at once! Hard to deal with it and pain from surgery too ! I wish you luck

• Posted

Hi just wondering if maybe it is low blood sugar levels.i feel that way when my sugar goes too low
  • Posted

Yes Debi, common peri/meno symptom. I still get this sometimes for a few hours at a time, but it has lessened considerably since I started hrt. I try to just relax & be still, sit or lie down, watch a film & give it as little attention as possible until it passes. xx

• Posted

I have a question I forgot to ask... When I had the transvaginal ultra sound she couldnt find the ovaries very good so she did the ultra sound on my very lower stomach pressing in like you wouldnt beleive to find them in fact after all that pressing on my stmch with that thing I fnally said well did you find them and she said yes,  but my question is if there was a tumor or something really strange would it of showed up? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.