Feeling shaky and more breathless.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on methotrexate now for 2 weeks, as well as prednisone 37.5mg, for PF caused by sarcoidosis. I started 2.5mg, 5mg, and due to take 7.5mg of the methotrexate tomorrow. 

I didn't really notice any side effects after either does, apart from some headaches and being terribly drained by the heatwave we have had here in Brisbane, Queenaland, but was very emotiona and shaky last Sunday, and again this weekend. 

I'm wondering if it's possibly because I'm due for the next dose. Has anyone else experienced this at all please? I had been feeling very slightly better on Wednesday & Thursday, but could not have managed yesterday what I managed those days, even though it has been a little cooler. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, you said you are getting breathless?  If so you need to go back to the doctor and possibly stop taking the meds. 
  • Posted

MTX is a powerful drug! If you take it orally it is a longer delivery injections get right to it.  did you eat? Are you hydrated? when you take those meds you always should have a bottle of water in your hand. I lost 23 lbs not meaning to. Also watch your hair....it will fall out and grow back weird., So don’t wash it every day. just being honest.  Do something that brings you joy every day...that will help. For me it was ice cream lol...Ben and Jerry “Cherry Garcia” silly but it helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.