Skip to content

Methotrexate

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Tips for avoiding hair loss on Methotrexate

Hi everyone, I have RA and have been taking Mtx for about 6 years. I take a high dose folic acid supplement every day apart from the day I take my Mtx. I am also on Humira injections every other week. When I ran out of folic acid a few years ago I lost masses of hair and (at the time) hadn't …

Last reply
  • Methotraxate treatment for controling Psoriasis arthritis

Hi everyone, i was on 15 ml MTX for controling Psoriasis arthritis for two weeks and i quit becasuse it caused extreme hair falling although i used folic acid with it as well. Now it has been three months that i quit but the hairfalling keeps going. I havw tried diffrent hair vitamines Biotine,B …

Posted
  • Methatraxate and cannabis oil together

I am currently on 17.5 mg off methotrexate weekly which I take on a Friday. I am using it for bad psoriasis on my legs feet and hands. Can I use cannabis oil along with this as I have been told it works wonders for psoriasis??  Thank you 

Last reply
  • Methotrexate dermo use

Dermatologist put me on 15mg a week for uncontrolled eczema and hives. Haven’t ever seen posts on use of this for dermo issues .. anyone??

Last reply
  • GI problems with medications

I was on methotrexate for RA for about 4 years. I developed severe diarrhea after every weekly dose. My rheumatologist switched to Leflunomine 10mg daily. Same result. I am very discouraged. Anyone have this same reaction to both oral drugs? If so, what was your next step?

Last reply
  • Sensitive teeth

Are there anyone there experiencing sensitivity on your teeth like I do maybe caused by taking methotrexate injection? Just trying to validate my suspicion why my teeth became so sensitive although I’ve been off it now for three weeks after two years on it.

Posted
  • Methotrexate, aka body of bricks.

I’ve been on methotrexate for a few months. Along with plaquinil and prednisone for lupus nephritis. I feel so much better in the long run.  But the day I take my methotrexate and then for at least 48 hours I feel like I have bricks tied to my body. So tired. So crabby. So emotional. Is this …

Last reply
  • Methotrexate and Sjogren's Syndrome.

I have just ,this minute, joined the group. Hello! I have, today, been taken off of Prednisolone ( Prednisone) and Hydroxychloroquine ( Plaquenil ) for Sjogren's Syndrome and Polymyalgia. I should be starting on Methotrexate within a few days. Does anyone have any advice/ experience in this …

Posted
  • Reduced Resistance to Infection

I've been on MXT injections for IBD since February (once a week, 25 mg for the first 16 weeks and down to 15mg since then).  The good news is that it seems to be working well on the IBD and no suggestion of intolerance. However, as I write this I'm getting over a really unpleasant …

Posted
  • New to the Group and to MTX

Hey, friends, thanks for having me :D  I've taken 3 doses of MTX and am on 20 mg weekly with 1 mg Folic Acid 6 days/week. My question is this- if I'm not having much in the way of side effects by now, are they likely to come up the longer I take the meds? I'm mainly curious if I& …

Last reply
  • MTX sand Nausea

I’ve been on oral MTX a few months along with folic acid.  I’ve started having nausea for a couple days during the times I Take it.  Zofrain helps.  My DR is switching me to injections as soon as Meds arrive.  Hope this gets rid of the nausea.  

Last reply
  • Methotrexate for just over a month period back to back

I’m new to both this site and Methotrexate. I’ve beeb self injecting for just over a month and have had back to back periods since starting. The first one was regular but the second was not a week after and light ( a few pads a day). I’m 42 so am nearing the “change”, have been experiencing …

Last reply
  • Now That Summer is Coming?

I've been on MXT weekly injection for a couple of months and thus far no major concerns. However, one of the things I read in the patient leaflet was to exercise caution regarding exposure to the sun. I'd be interested to hear what precautions other members take in this respect. I'm not …

Last reply
  • MXT and breathlessness

Hello everyone. posting on behalf of my 85 year old mum who was diagnosed with RA some 3 years ago now. Mum also has emphysema and a few other conditions! mum has been taking 20mg of MXT weekly since the start and still has to take prednisolone albeit a smaller does that beforehand the MXT was …

Last reply
  • MTX and foot neuropathy

Hi all -- I've been taking MTX for 3 years now for temporal arteritis and polymyopathy rheumatica (15 mg once a week). Just recently my chemo-induced foot neuropathy jumped to a whole new level after being stable for a year, to the point where I couldn't walk for a few hours after waking up. …

Last reply
  • Hi

Hi I've just joined here. Nurse has just left after teaching me how to inject myself. I was on tablet form. Can anyone tell me how they get on with the injections and side effects?

Last reply
  • Family Guidance

My mother has been on mtx for 5 weeks (built up to four pills a week) due to a lupus related full body skin rash. The doctor just informed her that she will now need to increase her next dose to 8 pills a week, therefore doubling her amount instead of building up. Does anyone have any guidance on …

Posted
  • methotrexate toxicity fatality

Dear Methotrexate Gang, Hi - I'm writing this post because my father has passed away from methotrexate toxicity in February. This cause of death has been officially confirmed. I'm in a state of shock and I really don't believe that the general public understand the severity or danger …

Last reply
  • Methotrexate concerns

Methotrexate is a potent drug with many side effects. Even those on low doses normally report adverse reactions, often very unpleasant and adding to their other health problems rather than clearing them up. I was prescribed it, and stuck it out for a year before deciding that it was doing me more …

Last reply
  • weight gain and Methotrexate

I have using methotreate for almost 3 months I am on 20 mg once a week.... and I have now gained 10lbs.... I was wondering if this a common side effect for others..... thanks

Last reply
  • INCREASED PAIN from Methotrexate!!

I took my first dose of 6 - 2.5mg pills last night for my arthritis.  Woke up a few hours later in the most excruciating joint pain I have ever had--in EVERY joint including my knuckels of my fingers.  Anyone ever experience this crazy reaction to this medication??

Last reply
  • Methrotrexate

i started on MTX pen injections 5 weeks ago. My labs are stable. Looking good, feeling good. RA is simmering down. My only question is my urine seems to have an strong different odor to it. I do NOT have a uti at all. This has been happening since I have been on it. I contacted my Rheumatologist, …

Posted
  • Feeling shaky and more breathless.

I've been on methotrexate now for 2 weeks, as well as prednisone 37.5mg, for PF caused by sarcoidosis. I started 2.5mg, 5mg, and due to take 7.5mg of the methotrexate tomorrow.  I didn't really notice any side effects after either does, apart from some headaches and being terribly …

Last reply
  • Headaches/joint pain

Hi. New to all of this. Started last Saturday on 10mg for Inflamatory Arthtitis. Getting terrible headaches and joint pain. Worse than what it was. Feels like I’ve been hit with a bus. There seems to be terrible side effects. Is it going to get better or is this it.  Cheers 

Last reply
  • Tiredness

I've been taking 15mg of methotrexate now for 2 weeks but my body is struggling with fatigue! I go to bed around 8 and sleeping by 9 and don't wake till 6:45 the following morning so I'm getting a decent sleep but by noon I'm struggling to keep my eyes open! Is there anything I can …

Posted
  • New to methotrexate and struggling with the side effects

Hello, I started on methotrexate 5 weeks ago for SLE. I've been struggling with the nausea and tried taking my meds at bedtime last night instead of the morning but had the most horrific nightmares in between being sick 😔 It was really disturbing. Does anyone else suffer from this? I' …

Last reply
  • Methotrexate

Help!  My 10 year old daughter has recently started on methotrexate due to having juvenile idiopathic arthritis  She takes 15mg split over 2 days to help minimise side effect.  She had her 2nd dose this weekend but suffered from really bad headache and just seemed to drain all her …

Last reply
  • Methotrexate and alcohol

Hi there, I've only yesterday started on my methotrexate tablets and have just started reading the online forums and have became very worried! The number of people who are losing their hair seems incredible, is this a common side effect? I'm 23 years old and drinking and work in a bar …

Last reply
  • Nausea

Have been on methotrexate injections for 2years.For the last two months have been nauseous in the hours running up to the injection. Am I the only one to get it before rather than afterwards?

Last reply
  • Nausea

Am I just weird.For the last two months I have suffered from bad nausea for ~8hrs before my methotrexate injection is due.Has anyone else had this problem?

Posted
  • Taking Methotrexate

Just started on Methotrexate my doctor has recommended 2.5 mg over 4 days folic acid in-between A lot of people take it all in one go Why do you think I have been recommended to take it over 4 days

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.