Skip to content
Ad

Methotrexate

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • INCREASED PAIN from Methotrexate!!

I took my first dose of 6 - 2.5mg pills last night for my arthritis.  Woke up a few hours later in the most excruciating joint pain I have ever had--in EVERY joint including my knuckels of my fingers.  Anyone ever experience this crazy reaction to this medication??

Last reply
  • Methotrexate

Has anyone had any success in coming off MTX with the help of healthy diet and vitamins?

Last reply
  • Pneumonia

My mom is a 66 year old who was recently diagnosed with ALL B cell. She was treated with methotrexate. It did a number on her...  She got fluid around her heart, in her lungs, and her kidneys and liver weren't functioning normally. After about a month in the hospital, she finally got realeased....

Last reply
  • Nausea before injection

Have been on methotrexate injections for just over two years.It doesn't seem to be working as well.Ironically I feel nauseous before injection.Has anyone else had similar problem

Last reply
  • methotrexate & impotence

My boyfriend has been taking methotrexate in tablet form for 2 years but doctor decided to try injection form as tablets were not enough relief for arthritis.  Hence he started with impotence problems. Not ideal in any relationship so he stopped taking it about a month ago but things are still not...

Last reply
  • Methotrexate and impotence

I am 37, and have been taking 20mg/week of Methotrexte for my psoriatic artritis. The doctor told me this was the \"gold standard\" of treatment, and I needed it to make sure my joints didnt get damaged. To be fair, it has helped with some of the pain & reduced flares, but I...

Last reply
  • Side effects

I have been on methotrexate oral tablets for 6 years for psoriasis with no side effects that I noticed. But after a visit to my doctor today I'm not Sure! Every month before my period I get thrush like symptoms - but my nurse today took a swab and doesn't think it's thrush ( will await...

Posted
  • Methotrexate concerns

Methotrexate is a potent drug with many side effects. Even those on low doses normally report adverse reactions, often very unpleasant and adding to their other health problems rather than clearing them up. I was prescribed it, and stuck it out for a year before deciding that it was doing me more harm...

Last reply
  • Methotrexate for psoriasis

Hello everyone! Today is my first day for taking this drug. I have read many posts concerning weight gain with this drug.I am taking 25mg once a week. Weight gain has always been a struggle for me. Is this fairly common or does it differ with everyone. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last reply
  • Taken off methotrexate

Have been on MTX for approx 14 years and my blood tests have always been ok.   Recently had gall bladder problems and on having a scan they discovered I had significant scarring of the liver (I have had a CT and Fibro which have confirmed the scarring).  I was told to stop methotrexate immediately...

Posted
  • Newcomer to the group and MTX

I have OA and Enthesitis which is an inflammation of the tendons. It's an autoimmune disease which I used to control with steroid injections. However I was in danger of getting steroid induced diabetes so they won't give me any more. I've tried other drugs but came out in a rash so MXT was...

Last reply
  • I have taken a step forward!!!

Hi all Thankyou for your replies and support!!! I have discussed my hair problem with my consultant, and I am now taking folic acid daily, rather than 1 per week. Hoping this makes the hair loss and breakage a little better. Hope you are all keeping positive!!   has anyone had good results from...

Last reply
  • Methotrexate

I am so confused about what some of you are writing about the side effects of methotrexate. Because I have none of these issues. I was diagnosed two years ago with symptomatic lupus. I'm on hydroxychloroquine. Which is the generic for Paquin. But it's not helping me lose any weight, feel any...

Last reply
  • Hydroxy chloroquine

Hi Guys, Just been put on hydroxy chloroquine for Pallindromic Arthritis. The idea is it will help me to get off the steroids. I also take tramadol for flareups. I have had the symptoms for one year so far But pretty much in all joints. Interested in your comments re new drug for me!Also doing a Aqua...

Last reply
  • How long have you been taking MTX?

Hi there Sounds like a simple question - But if any of you lovely people can tell me how long you have been taking this drug?  My husband has been taking 15mg once weekly for five years - 8 months ago he suffered a stroke - months prior to his stroke I had noticed he was losing words - His stroke...

Last reply
  • weight gain and Methotrexate

I have using methotreate for almost 3 months I am on 20 mg once a week.... and I have now gained 10lbs.... I was wondering if this a common side effect for others..... thanks

Last reply
  • methotrexate

Hi all I'm due to start taking this drug soon. I've had an chest x-ray done witch was told was normal.... But now I've had a letter from the hospital saying I need a heart and lung test..... is this normal to have done before hand?

Last reply
  • Lac of support from some friends and family to members

I am amazed at how your nearest and dearest can be so distant when you are so needy. I have experienced total rejection when those nearest to me refuse to understand why I talked about my illness (RA Pallindromic) almost every joint in my body flaring up! One needs to talk, research, understand !But...

Last reply
  • palindromic rheumatoid arthritis

After about 10 years of observing my RA symptoms, my rheumatologist told me I have a fairly rare form of RA called palindromic RA. My symptoms are that the pain I experience is not necessarily symmetric (e.g. both wrists) but may occur on one side. Also, pain and swelling travels around in my body. For...

Last reply
  • MTX newbie..

Hi I'm new to methotrexate and want to check some side effects that don't seem to be listed.  I take 5mg, so a low dose, and on about week 6.  Two immediate side effects are horrible joint pain and stiffness to the point it's difficult to walk once i have been sitting for even a...

Last reply
  • Methotrexate

I have been on methotrexate since April this year. I previously had swelling for 4 years and this has now gone but I am still getting the same pain as I have had for the past 4 years. The pain is either something from popping sensations to it's hard to walk and I can't sit with my legs crossed...

Last reply
  • About to start Methotrexate

Hi all, So I am about to start my first, test dose, of Met. tonight for my Psoriasis. I chose to take it with my evening meal as A. I don't want to find out about the initial side effects while I'm at work and B. I will hopefuly sleep off ay of the side effects.  I will be taking the Folic...

Last reply
  • Methotrexate for RA: symptoms after taking meds

I've been on oral M since January 2017.  Have had abdominal symptoms for 48 hours after taking meds every week.  Has anyone had similar problems and discussed alternative dosing regimen with their Rheumatologist?  It's like a roller coaster effect.  Take pills->symptoms->relief...

Last reply
  • Alternative to Methotrexate Injections

My 18 year old daughter had over 2 years suffering with extreme dermatitits, excema, and urticaria on her face and body.  After trying lots and lots of medication we found that Methotrexate injections actually work. But she sleeps a ridiculous amount and has lots of other side effects that are unbearable....

Last reply
  • Methotrexate and alcohol

Hi there, I've only yesterday started on my methotrexate tablets and have just started reading the online forums and have became very worried! The number of people who are losing their hair seems incredible, is this a common side effect? I'm 23 years old and drinking and work in a bar while...

Last reply
  • Metharexate

My daughter gets really hot, she has been on 12.5 injections for 4 years now. Anyone have any insight on this please.

Last reply
  • Pain After Methotrexate Injection

I just started on methotrexate injections after switching from the oral form of the drug. I take 15 mg once a week SQ. I inject in my abdomen as instructed by the nurse and use as clean technique as possible (I'm in the health care field, so I'm used to using sterile and clean techniques). Sometimes...

Last reply
  • MTX and vaxinations

I've been on 20mg MTX since February. I seem to feel sicker each week within 12 hours of taking my dose. I've had flu like symptoms for about 3 weeks now and just wonder if anyone else deals with this? Also concerned about vaccines, as I have heard / read with Mtx lowering immunity that it...

Last reply
  • Pallindromic Arthritis

Hi my name is Julie just wanting to hear from others who have Pallindromic Arthritis. I have been diagnosed and been suffering the symptoms for a year. My symptoms come in pairs and sometimes just one side.I started with problems in my right hip, then noticed my balance was bad and got cramps in my...

Posted
  • First week of taking Methotrexate

20 years ago, I was diagnosed with PSA.  I took no medication for all that time.  This week, I finally gave in.  I am starting out with 4 pills for the first 2 weeks and will then go up to 6 pills.  I am taking folic acid every day.  I started taking the medication on Monday....

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.