Liver Inflammation from Methotrexate

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

I was on 25mg Methotrexate injections for my eczema. I have recently come off of them to switch to a newer injection but I have been told I have inflammation of my liver. I am going sick with worry because this is all they have told me and quick searches have shown that this can be very serious and could lead to permanent scarring of my liver. I don't know if there are WAYS to treat this or anything. Has anyone experienced this? Did it go away? please help x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hey kirsty

sorry to hear that i'm sure its not as bad as you fear.

how did your eczema respond to 25mg of methotrexate?

• Posted

at first very well. Unfortunately my skin tends to stop responding to treatments after awhile to I have to change it up

• Posted

hi kirsty how long is a very well? how have u been with topical steroids

• Posted

for the first 6 months ish it helped my skin. I've tried steroids they keep it down but not very well. I've had my skin condition since I was born so I've tried everything you can think of really. I went onto Methotrexate as a last resort and now I'm not sure what it going to happen because of being told my liver is the way it is.

• Posted

can i ask- did the inflammation not become apparent when you went for blood tests- i go every three months and thought problems would have been flagged incrementally and before there was a problem ? how was the inflammation discovered?

• Posted

It was only flagged up on blood tests in the last few months. before that everything was fine x

• Posted

Hi,

thanks for this-I would have thought that as soon as the results were known they should have explored further without letting you carry on in the same way. I hope they are able to help and that it is OK for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.