Working and methotrexate??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm on week 5 of 10 mg weekly of Methotrexate. I am taking my folic acid which has really helped with the GI tract issues but the fatigue is still kicking my butt two and a half days a week. I am also concerned with the effects in my immune system. My question is this.... is everyone able to still work while taking it? I work in education (prek thru 1st grade) and am worried about the immune system deficiency as well as the fatigue. Or are there tricks to overcoming the fatigue from any of you? I am blessed that we are off for the summer so my sleepy days havent caused any issues yet. Thank you so much....

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

POLLY HANG IN THERE. THERE ARE ANSWERS FOR SIDE EFFECTS. fatigue-check your blood, vitamin levels, especially B12.

DON'T SETTLE FOR I DON'T KNOW. OR EVERYBODY HAS THIS.

PRAYING FOR YOU!

• Posted

hi Polly

Sorry to hear your so tired

i find when I'm having a flare up i am exhausted. nothing eases it until the pain stops.

i do still work a 34 hour week. I'm lucky i have a nice manager. He knows if i ring in sick I'm in major pain.

The bad thing with these drugs are if i do get a common cold it wipes me out sometimes for nearly a week.

which i do find frustrating as I've never taken time off for a cold before.

I don't envy you working with children as bugs are everywhere.

I hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

your body will adjust to the methotrexate and the tiredness may subside, it certainly has with me. Contradicting myself a little here, when on the rare occasion now i get a bit of a flare up i also get tired, by 9pm i am ready for my sleep.

i think getting your vitamin levels checked can be a good idea like someone else said, as i had it shown that mine were low so i had a vitamin b12 injection and feel so different, its worth checking out.

A lot of beauty places are doing this now too, i take 8 methotrexate a week with a hydroroxychorine once a day and folic acid 6 days a week, hope you get sorted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.