Methotrexate and Sjogren's Syndrome.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just ,this minute, joined the group. Hello! I have, today, been taken off of Prednisolone ( Prednisone) and Hydroxychloroquine ( Plaquenil ) for Sjogren's Syndrome and Polymyalgia. I should be starting on Methotrexate within a few days. Does anyone have any advice/ experience in this regard. I have hope but, to be honest, I had hope with the other meds and none of them worked.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have been on MTX now for over 2 months, zero side effects! Also on Folic acid and vitD. But, so far no help from MTX, there is tremendous tendon inflammation between knuckles on my hands and they are very painful. Started after MTX, is there a connection??? I was on the folic acid for 7 days before starting MTX, we think that might have helped not to get side effects?? Just wish the MTX would give some relief for the others pains. Doctor first diagnosed me having PMR, then decided it was psoriatic arthristis. He said that could change also. You have been on it longer than I, hope you come back and give a report. Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.