Feeling shaky or nervous inside???

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi !

Ive been on zoloft for 3 weeks....10days at 25mg and one week at 50mg.

I feel exhausted and tired from when I get up to bedtime....litteraly all day.

Since a few days, I also feel sort of shaking. Like if my body is nervous or something. Its really not pleasant to feel this way.

Is this normal to feel that way?

Does this meen I dont tolerate the med or that my nervous system is getting too much?

I still have some other side effects but those....for now... really bothers me!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I felt very sleepy/drowsy during the day, jittery, and nauseous for about 4weeks when I first started on Sert (50mg), along with a dry mouth, loss of appetite, blurred vision, and vivid dreams. 

These side effects do gradually fade away, but it takes a while, longer for some than others .... 

i used to dread taking my tablet, but told myself each day I popped it out of the foil was a day nearer to feeling better :-) 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply.... thats what I need to hear from people right now.

My hands are skaky....its weird!!!

And jittery /nervous feeling inside me.

I know I have to continue... but its hard! Im scared this wont work cause with all the meds I tried without great result, my Dr said if this one doenst work, we will stop all meds....that is scary!! Been on med for 11 years. But since a year and a half, seems like I have a hard time with tolerance. We tried widrawing from prozac and my anxiety got worse. Just need to have my life back.

At what time do you take it?

Did you have also shakiness and diharrea???

• Posted

Hi Lolita your having all the wonderful side effects that I had, almost identical. You are very early on in your treatment so what you are describing is very normal. Try to stick with it for at least 6-8 weeks to start feeling the full effects and give it another week or two and your side effects should be getting a bunch better! I’m on 50 mgs as well for 8 weeks now and I feel so much better. And always stay in touch with your Dr because he or she is the only one that needs to tell you to increase or decrease your dose! Good luck
    • Posted

A slight hand tremor in the morning, felt ‘jittery’, no diarrhoea or actual vomiting, but felt very sick .... 

Hang in there, the side effect sort of ‘fade away’ gradually. 

I take my Sert in the morning 

Hoping for you x 

• Posted

Thank you Joe!

Im sort of happy to read that you went through the same pattern of side effects. Happy that it seems "normal"!

Tha shakyness mostly from my hands makes me feel like an old lady...lol

Last summer, previous Dr putted me on zoloft with fast increased from 25 to 100mg in a month. Had bad digestive issues so quit. Hope this time it wont last like that and that I wont have to go too high.

Dr sometimes are in a rush to push the high dosages and to change us went we complain about side effects.

You still take 50mg...morning like me?

• Posted

Hi Lolita. I had the same with the shakes, and sometimes still do. Depends on your day. If you have a very stress filled day it doesn't help. Just know that it is a side effect and a lot of people get it. If you r not sure about something, call ur doctor. Let him know whats going on with you. We are all here for you. If it wasn't for this forum i don't know what i would have done. It will get better and you'll be yourself again.😎

• Posted

Thank you Brenda for you reply!!!

Im trying to focus on that fact that it will get better...even if its hard sometimes.

I appreciate this forum so far and the fact that people respond to one or another ....its helping a lot!!!

• Posted

I had exactly the same side effects, it will get better! I kept thinking things would never improve and I wasn't tolerating the meds.. but I was wrong!

Hang in there, you'll feel back to your old self, just give it a little time. My mantra to get through the bad days is "One day at a time. One breath at a time."

Big hug x

• Posted

You are right Bee!!!

One day at a time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.