Feeling sick

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone else find when they are having a bad time they can also feel quite nauseous and need to force yourself to eat?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Yes every day. I can look at food but can not eat it.

I feel sick, mt stomach feels bloated.

I don't force myself to eat but have ensure drinks. Two a day covers all nutrition and vitamins etc.

I went to 7 and a half stone and at 5ft 5 I was so skinny. I am now 9st 11. I am much healthier

Try them. They help me x

• Posted

i get nausea pretty bad ,when i am stressed

and when iv eaten certain foods , and just this past year iv  found that i am now actuly sick . last about 10/15 mins then takes a few days to get back on track .

and i am going to see a nutrionist to descuse the gaps diet .so all looking positive for once.

• Posted

Yes I get this all the time. At one point I was living off lucozade and I am 5 foot 7 and only weigh 52 kg as it is and so I couldn't really afford to loose any more.

I was wondering if it was just me. I went to the doctors and was told it can be a side effect of this bloody annoying condition. I usually get it around lunchtime every day so now I just try to eat as soon as I feel hungry and when I feel sicky and skip meals I'm not as concerned as I know ive eaten! Xx

• Posted

i find certain foods make me feel like this, esp tomatoes .and to much salt , .
  • Posted

I have that trouble with that  i  also have trouble  eatting alot since i got told i had fibro  in january of this year 
    • Posted

I've had the problem when trying to eat for while.  Before I was diagnosed with FM I blamed it on my morphine patches I have for shoulder & back pain.  But it's getting worse and lasting all day.
  • Posted

FM hit me in 1999 and it was pretty mild all in all....OA is more my issue....in 1999 I was 61....

I've never had an eating issue, I'm faithful with digestive enzymes and probiotics daily and DGL keeps my stomach protected with the ibuprofen I take.

I don't take other meds for all my stuff and I'm sure the drugs can do a job on the stomach and digestive issues....

I did take the standard FM drug people take early on, but got off it....work with all supplements and just know I'll never be like I was many years ago...

Thyroid is critical too....

• Posted

I was never excited about the Ensure drinks and just looked at the ingredients, yikes stuff I avoid...soy, corn, canola oil (rapeseed).....not a lot of great stuff....HOPE you can get to whole foods and good nourishment.
  • Posted

Dear Kathleen 1958

Yes, pain does make me nauseous sometimes. It is a certain kind of deep and awful pain that seems to be being experienced in the brain. I do have an appetite at times, but not very often. If it helps you can try liquid nourishment. Sorry, can't think of the name right now but it is a powder which is mixed with water. A chemist would know it. If I feel nauseous I would not eat except maybe something plain like dry toast.

Best wishes

Brenda

• Posted

Hello Kathleen,

Fortunately, touch wood, I have not suffered from nausea. But I do find I have a very small appetite, and rarely feel hungry. This is since I was diagnosed with FM. I do not enjoy food like I used to, and often just eat because I know I have to. Is this something other people find, I wonder?

Take care, Anne x

• Posted

I bo not each as much as i use to since i got fms in january i just carnt stomach as much food now a days as i use to eat or i feel sick. The thing is if i dont eat something i end up feeling  dizzy and faint so i have to eat something even if   im not hungry. I do get moned at though for not eatting a full meal.  Dont know what im going to do this christmas as my husdand always dose am over sized xmas dinner . The thing is i dont like to hurt his feelings. But i do think he is realizing slowly i cart eat large meals like i use to. eg if i had a carryer bag full of sweets crisps and biscutes the would have gone in a day now it takes me months and months to eat them
    • Posted

Even on a good day I can't eat a lot at once without feeling sick so best to dish very small amounts you can always go back for more.  I find I always manage a soya ICECREAM for pud though this tends to help and I enjoy it more to the point.
    • Posted

this past yr the nausea has got worse and have been sick several times

iv decided also to try and graze rather then stuff ,its just i cant be bothered to eat some times because of a limted diet , so i go a long time 6hrs or more then i get really hungry and stuff myself . not good for anyone esp for fibro sufferers . .

• Posted

i am the same with chocolate hun and biscuits and cake , hardly ever touch them , just cant  be bothered i could havea bar of chocolate in the fridge for months .infact i always end up giving it away
    • Posted

Thanx for your reply. Also have a partner who has an enormous appetite, luckily he likes to eat what i leave! I also rarely snack, except when i work then I need chocolate! Despite my bird-like appetite I have put on weight, and am concerned that it is due to Amitrypelene, what do others think?

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Hello Shirley,

I can relate to that! i do eat regularly, but only because I know I have to! My children say I have the appetite of a bird! Despite that I have put on weight since starting Amitryptlene. I this what happens?

Take care Anne

• Posted

i dont do pharmcy drugs for my fibro ,but i do have a friend who takes alot of meds for another condition including antidepressants like amittryptlene and her weight is up and down she also has a small appetite ,some days just drinking , depending on which antidepresnt shes on , she can gain weight or loose weight . in the extreme.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.