Feeling sick 3 days after drinking.

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I drank too much on Saturday night, woke up feeling sick of course. I don t usually get hangovers but I threw up 5 times on Sunday, couldn t keep even a popsicle down and kept throwing up bile since my stomach was empty. It s now Tuesday night and I m still feeling awful. I ve had a headache for these 3 days straight, extreme fatigue, feel very very weak like I may pass out, am a bit nauseous, and it hurts when I breathe. My muscles feel sore, especially my chest and core. I thought I might have the flu, but I don t have a stuffy nose, sore throat or cough, it s just kind of hard to breathe, and I got a flu shot a week and a half ago. Am I still hungover, what s wrong with me? Should I go to the doctor, did the bile/throwing up just really hurt my chest?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Anayoade, Sorry to hear that you are still feeling rough, sound like you have had a nasty couple of Days. I think that you throwing up so much could be a reason for your core muscles hurting, as it is quite on the cards that you have strained them, especially when you are heaving on an empty stomach. One thing that concerned me for ages was a cramp like feeling in my Chest that can be quite worrying, a very common cause is acid reflux (I know it sounds like heartburn but the symptoms feel nothing like it, as mentioned before it feels like tightness and cramp), if you can get hold of something like omeprazole (failing that some off the shelf remedy) then this could well solve that issue. If the chest pain continues then you need to get it checked out. Another side affect of all your throwing up is dehydration and that is probably making your headaches worse, if not causing them. The lack of eating properly for the last three Days will make you feel weak and also bring your immune system down..Avoid dairy for a while and try eating little by little even if it's just a little bit of chocolate to start off with 😉 I hope you start to feel better soon, AL x

• Posted

Could you be pregnant (if you're female?).

Sounds very familiar what happened to a family member and it turned out she was 6 weeks pregnant.

• Posted

Aww hugs! Doesn't sound like a hangover after just overdoing it one night. You've probably got a bug. Rest plenty of fluids and if don't start to feel better ring your doctor.

• Posted

each time i have my annual flu jab, i have the same symptons youre describing. I had this years jab 12 days ago and am just starting to feel better

• Posted

Good morning vicks - you have just reminded me ~bout the flu jab- must go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.