Feeling sick

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with chronic gallbladder dysfunction, my EF is at 9%. 

Can this make me feel sick? I don’t have a fever with chills but my body sure aches like I’m getting sick. Mostly my upper back, neck and shoulders. I feel nauseous and have a small headache

I felt like this yesterday and woke up feeling the same.

Thanks! 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I should add that I have not seen a surgeon yet. I just got my results last Friday. Hoping to hear from the surgeons office today! 
  • Posted

Dev - not sure if you see my earlier reply to you on another post where i mentioned my full history. I had non working gall bladder at 0% since 2011. The issues i had are bloating/burping,extreme fatigue,neck pain,migraines along with dizzziness/headaches. The only thing which reduced these symptoms for me is exercise, clean diet (no fat,oil,protein) and B12 vitamin shots and not to think about the problem. But i did not felt good more than 50% even after this. Short answer is yes it makes sick. But after removing the gallbladder will this issues go? only who had gone through the surgery with these symptoms can let us know. I have planned to remove my gb early next year. Check your B12 with methamelonic acid, should be surely low.
    • Posted

Hi biliary, I’m sorry I didn’t see your reply. I post so much on here I lose track LOL. Sorry again!

I don’t feel as terrible as I did yesterday, thankfully. But the nausea and body ache are still here. Also have a sour taste in my mouth, makes even water taste weird. Praying I’ll feel better tomorrow!

What took so long to set up the surgery? If you don’t mind my asking.

My Grammy had hers removed but she passed this summer and these issues started after her passing. It sure would be nice to ask her. 

• Posted

In 2011, when they said i have a low functioning GB, i met the surgeon . But there was a huge pressure from my spouse and parents not to remove the GB ,instead advised to follow a good, diet ,exercise and take alternative medicines. At the same time, i heard many folks who removed their GB due to gallstones, but not for low functioning gb and they are doing great. And many online post will make you scare to even think about the surgery like life long diarrhea,complication etc after gb removal. But i understand each body is different , say out of 100 operations , 10 may lead to complication and those come and post online  ,but the successful ones will never mind and enjoy their life instead of posting online. so from 2011 till 2016 end , there are ups and downs. Some day good, some day bad. But i never felt 100%. But last 6 months i had diarrhea continuously and lot of burping/bloating. Ultrasound this october showed gall stones. From 2011 to 2017 all these years i suffered  lot of bloating/burping/dizziness from physcial aspect. From mental aspect, i can't concentrate on work , can't go with friends to places, can't take family to any trips. It was horrible to be like this and wasting my youthful years.I really dont like to wait anymore living like this  as already 8 to 10 years gone with the same issues.I'm only 36. Finally now my spouse is convinced to goahead with the surgery. I don't know how my post op is going to be, but praying for good. My symptoms are bloating/burping/Acid reflux/dizziness/lightheadness/fatigue. Surgery seems to be an only option to me at this moment. Dizziness/lightheadness is the worst symptoms which i wish to go away.

• Posted

My goodness, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been unwell and in pain for so long!! Sending prayers your way for great results from surgery!!

I would love to get an update from you after surgery and see how you are feeling. 

Good luck to you biliary and Merry Christmas!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.