Feeling sick...anyone else experience this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have noticed I am getting waves of nausea throughout the day, at first I thought is was the painkillers but im off them and have been for quite some time (im now almost 4 weeks post op, 52 yrs old and otherwise in good health). But I'm still getting waves of nausea and I can't work out why because its not at specific times. Any ideas? It seems too small a thing to ask a Dr about

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would check with doctor but it does not sound like it would be related to op after this long.  No harm in checking.

hope it improves. 

• Posted

Hi Stella, I'm the same.  Op 4 weeks ago tomorrow.  I too get strange feeling just lately, sort of sick nausea and been wondering what it is.  I had dressing off last Wednesday and so only a splint to put on when walking, I still have the k wire pin in middle toe which is coming out this Wednesday.  I sometimes think the sick feeling is to do with the swelling on my big toe joint and surrounding area.  Thought maybe I was doing too much.  It does feel bit better when I sit down with foot raised.  Also there is no sharp pain but when I 'listen to my foot' I think there might be a nagging ache, this can affect how you feel.  I dont want to take any pain killers or ibroprofen because of the side effects.  Let me know if you have worked out why you feel sick.
  • Posted

Hi Stella,

Could it be due to menopouse? We are same age.I found myself sometimes giddy and a bit nausea during this few years of menopouse.

Oops Barbara! If I am not mistaken, the k wire should be taken out at 2 weeks post operation.It shouldnt be that long inside your toe. Mine was done at the same time they change to a smaller bandage.

• Posted

It seems each surgeon has their own way of doing things.  I've looked at a few online fact sheets from different counties and they all seem to have differeent timelines!  They couldn't give me an appointment for two weeks so I suffered with a very uncomfortable bandage for an extra week.  So at week three the removed the dressing and didn't redress it, but gave me a bunion splint for support.  He wouldn't take out the pin in hammer toe said he prefers to leave it in for at least four weeks.  So I'm back there again tomorrow to have it removed.  Not looking forward to it, seen It removed on YouTube and it looks painful!
    • Posted

Hope it went well today Barbara.  Thinking of you.  Hopefully it is more the thought of it than the actual procedure.  
    • Posted

There was nothing to it, the nurse sprayed freeze on toe, but the surgeon said you really don't need that. And before I could blink it was out with a quick ouch!  Now I need to wait two days before I can shower without the plastic foot protector.  Toe feels strange even though it's more comfortable with it out.  Time will tell, especially with lots of massage suggested.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.