Feeling sick. Xanax. Covid

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all. so I've been on xanax by my doctor for about 2 months or so. I usually take two a day. I want to know is this bad or will it make me sick or kill me ? I do need them right now in my life. some of u will have read all my recent posts on here and seen that after I had my baby I was a diagnosed with an overactive thyroid. those levels are normal again. but I still am suffering with muscle weakness. numbness. a feeling of like Im gonna faint. shortness of breath. dizziness like I'm floating. just a few days ago my son was a close contact of a positive case of covid. I've tested us all and all tests are negative. only thing is next day I check the test there is a second faint line but I'm told its invalid because its after a certain time the proper result will show up which as been negative all the time. guys I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I'm.gonna vomit and feel a bit weak today. I just started taking b12 vitamins because I was advised to by a nutritionists works in a health store she had a look at my recent blood test results and said there's a marker on the results that are influencing my b12. I was told by a nurse my b12 was low when I was pregnant and then when I asked my doctor he said no they were fine. Still 7 months later I'm still struggling with all these horrible symptoms that I mentioned above. I've seen a neurologist who checked my reflexes and said nothing bad was wrong but my reflexes were brisk..... I asked my doctor can this be caused by anxiety he said no. so that worried me. I've had a blood pressure monitor. holter monitor. . the only thing that was out of whack was my thyroid but that's apparently OK now. my doctor also thinks be suse they can't find a reason for my symptoms he thinks it might be physcomatic I'm suffering from. has anyone ever heard of this? sorry for always posting and sorry for the long read. thank u guys for trying to help. but I just can't seem to get out of this hole I'm in . also I've been referred for counselling so just waiting to hear xo

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Rachel,

So sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. Lots of times having children seems to set off anxiety, wether it's hormonal or just the excess responsability.

Anyway if you are low in Vit B12 that can cause a lot of symptoms too, so take B12 and check in your next blood test to see if your body is absorbing it, if not you might need to have it in injection form.

My reflexes were brisk when I had my neurologic test and the doctor told me not to worry about it.

Hopefully you will start with your counselling soon and that should help. Other than that I would try to get on an antidepressant that helps with anxiety so as not to take as much Xanax, because it really is not good to take benzodiazepines long term.

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.