Feeling so confused

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I was diagnosed 7years ago with psa my feet are deformed , I have pitted nails,backpain,sausage finger, eye problems and positive hla27. I had to change doctors because of a change in insurance. The new dr never requested past medical reports or did a physical exam she sent me for a mri and said it did not show spine damage so I do not have psa and would not renew my enbrel which I have been on for 4yrs and works nicely. I also have had a bone removed due to damage from psa what can I do are countless docs wrong and she is right help I'm so afaird of going off meds

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like you need to see a different doctor. Throwing out years of work by previous doctors without even looking at their notes or records? Lack of evidence of damage to your spine does not mean that you don't have PsA... the majority of people with PsA don't even have axial involvement. Find another doctor that works with your insurance, even if you have to go out of the area. You deserve a thorough examination and appropriate treatment. By the way, we share the same name, although mine starts with a C.

• Posted

Thanks so much. You are right. I am working with my insurance and gp to find a new dr. It's just so frustrating it's not the easiest disease to diagnosis and iv been doing so well on enbrel I m not going to let this doctor set me back. And I like it with a C!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.