Feeling so depressed and helpless, EXTREME HEATH WORRY!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ALL,

I have posted here before. I had a catscan on my liver 2 weeks ago and the doctor called me last week to say that I have to have an MRI, there is a spot on my liver they are not sure about, so of course I am terrified its Cancer. I'm not a drinker, but apparently that doesn't matter. Also I have to see the Dentist tommorow. (I am terrified I am going to be told I have oral cancer!) because this morning my toungue started to hurt and I have a sore on my lip. This consumes my thoughts and makes me depressed and irratible. I was supposed to see a counsellor today but the appt got cancelled. Can anyone help??? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cathy,

It must be awful to be told you have to go back as I know as somebody who suffers with anxiety this would drive me crazy!!

However Im sure that it is nothing and the fact that you are worrying about other forms of cancer too just goes to show that there is no truth behind your fears.

I once convinced myself I had cancer because I got an ulcer and I read that an ulcer that didn't go away for weeks could be the sign of an immune system tired from cancer-is only had the ulcer half a day.. Even more silly it turned out it wasn't even an ulcer, I think i burnt myself on a hot drink!

It's horrible because anxious, so I really feel for you having to wait to see the doctor, im so afraid of the anxiety that surrounds waiting for test results that I am refusing to see my doctor anumore as I feel it causes more stress than it does reassurance!

Have a swollen gland that's been there for weeks and I. Don't want to go to the doctors because my stress levels are through the roof just in the waiting room never mind when I have to wait for tests or test results!

Let me know how it goes, have they booked your scan in?

Also how come you had a cat scan in the first place?

Xx

• Posted

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for your reply.  its so horrible waiting.  i had an ultrasound in Nov of 2014 because i was having alot of stomach pain and indigestion.  The ultrasound showed i had a thickened wall of my gall bladder and als some spots showed on my liver, so they sent me for a CT scan which i had on Feb 3.  The doc called and said there is a spot they are not sure about and they want me to have an MRi to see it more clearly.  yes I am terrfied.  waiting for the appt for the test.  then getting the test and waiting for results.  I understand how you feel about not going to the doctor, because that causes even more anxiety!

I feel for you as i am the exact same way.  Alot of people don't understand the fears we have.  They get concerned, but we get over the top!!!  i will let you know and thanks so much for your reply.

• Posted

I can imagine and I know for you that the word spot is terrifying but isn't it so funny how we can be so over he top about our own Health but when it comes to other people we are able to see more clearly! To me the word spot doesn't sound too bad, even if it was something sinister at least they haven't said 'mass' or 'lump' am I makig sense? I know it's still scary though, at least you had the guts to actually go to the docs unlike me! Xx
    • Posted

i really didn't have the guts, but my husband and family, said i had to LOL.

I don't remember if the doctor said spot or lump, but she knows how anxious i am, so I'm thinking she may be down playing it.  i don't feel ill or weak, but i get stomach pains for my nerves.  keep in touch, you sound so much like me! xoxox

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.