Feeling so down

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I have ocd, anxiety and depression and have been diagnosed with them for a long time. With my depression being very low I attempted to kill myself before and I had lots of suicidal thoughts. I am much better now, with therapy and medication I am recovering and doing well and I have been feeling good and happy. 

The past few days have been awful, I do not know if it’s pms, I am due on my period but I still haven’t got it yet, I’m on the pill. I am just really really low and I feel like how I felt before, it’s like I’ve taken 100 steps back. I know you can have your bad days but I’ve never experienced it as bad as I am now. Maybe it just is the pms but I honestly have never got this sad before because of a period, I’m feeling depressed and irritated, for no reason at all!!! 

This is why it is irritating me because there is no cause for this, it has come out of the blue. Do you think it is just pms and my hormones flying everywhere? Please let me know as I am very upset at the moment, thank you. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leah.

How long have you been feeling better for? Is this your first PMS cycle since doing better? 

If so it really could be those hideous female hormones going crazy! It effects me too. I have a horrendous days when my PMS hits and I think I’ve gone back to square one! 

Try and relax and indulge in self care as much as you can. 

I truly hope it passes since you’ve been doing so well. 

Sending love and strength xx 

• Posted

Leah, Sorry to hear you are feeling so low. I obviously can't compare myself to your situation with regards to the pms.... But I have had these same serious knock back days too. Currently sat here waiting for my 11.45 appointment with my therapist.

Wish I could make things better for you and bring some positivity and happiness back.... As I wish I could for myself. Stay strong Leah and take care love. We will beat this!! x

• Posted

Sending you positivity and strength. We can do this. Hope the therapy helped x 
  • Posted

Pms affects my anxiety and depression really badly. Try and stay active even if it's just a walk around the block to get the endorphins pumping,the fresh helps with mood boost as well also be mindful of what you're eating as if it's too sugary you could be experiencing crashes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.